July 27 Game Thread - Bucs vs the Brew Crew

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

496469787F6E79393A0B0 wrote: I'm in no hurry to see him back in the OF. Except, of course, if he's occupying the DH role that Bell desperately needs to be in. The inadequacy of Polanco's outfielding is not as bad as the inadequacy of Bell's 1B play. But he's a liability in the OF. And he adds little offensively. A low average hitter and poor base runner. Seems to have a low baseball IQ. His occasional HRs (career high 23 doesn't really make him a legit power threat) don't make up for all the deficiencies in his game. I didn't miss Polanco when he was out. He can stay out as far as I'm concerned. 

Totally agree. Dude has looked the part since he showed up on the scene, but leaves alot to be desired in several facets. I always thought maybe this is the year for Greg Polanco, but then I get sent back to earth.

On a side note and not to ruin the ju-ju, but I see Atlanta designated Forteniewskiwitz ... maybe we should make a run?
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

I'm almost ready to start thinking about maybe revising my opinion of Colin Moran.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

Must be Burdi not going to pitch 2 in a row for now ....
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

I'm only 50, but I think it qualifies me for geezer status that merely knowing everyone gets a free runner on second from here on out gives me an upset stomach. :-/
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Maybe I was wrong about Stallings...he’s been great behind the plate. Blocking pitches, threw out Yelich trying to steal, and has stolen about ten strikes through framing, including that one to ring up Holt.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

080003342207202F410 wrote: Maybe I was wrong about Stallings...he’s been great behind the plate. Blocking pitches, threw out Yelich trying to steal, and has stolen about ten strikes through framing, including that one to ring up Holt.

He does frame well , but doesn't hurt that this rookie umpire gives 3 inches off the outside corner. Crick maybe threw only 1 strike.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

How in the lord's name do you not PH Evans for Gonzales ? Utterly insanely stupid. Banjo hitter that was 1-28 last year with runners in scoring position gets the AB ?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7C7B6A796A3B360F0 wrote: How in the lord's name do you not PH Evans for Gonzales ? Utterly insanely stupid. Banjo hitter that was 1-28 last year with runners in scoring position gets the AB ?

Unimpressive work by Clint... I mean Derek.

Feliz was given enough rope to hang the entire team.

What happened to Burdi? He’s the potential start of the pen.

Gotta take the bunt off after those first two miserable attempts.

Agreed about Gonzales - felt like it was only a two out inning because there was no way Gonzales should be at the plate.

Worst play of the game: Josh not going to 2nd in the bottom of the 9th. If he goes to 2nd rather than 1st, the Pirates win 5-4.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

2C2B3D353B2C6B671E39333F3732703D31335E0 wrote: How in the lord's name do you not PH Evans for Gonzales ? Utterly insanely stupid. Banjo hitter that was 1-28 last year with runners in scoring position gets the AB ?

What happened to Burdi?  He’s the potential start of the pen.

Agreed about Gonzales - felt like it was only a two out inning because there was no way Gonzales should be at the plate. 

Worst play of the game: Josh not going to 2nd in the bottom of the 9th.  If he goes to 2nd rather than 1st, the Pirates win 5-4.

Disagree about Bell. Get the sure out in that situation. Regardless, the Buccos aren’t going to miss the playoffs by a game. They’ll be lucky to be within ten games of the last postseason spot. This team is dreadful. Bullpen is horrid. If Taillon, Archer, Kela, and Vazquez were here, it would be a different story. But, Vazquez...yeah. Taillon and Archer being out pushes Kuhl and Brault to the rotation. Santana being suspended doesn’t help. This team is absolutely dreadful.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

494142756346616E000 wrote: How in the lord's name do you not PH Evans for Gonzales ? Utterly insanely stupid. Banjo hitter that was 1-28 last year with runners in scoring position gets the AB ?

What happened to Burdi?  He’s the potential start of the pen.

Worst play of the game: Josh not going to 2nd in the bottom of the 9th.  If he goes to 2nd rather than 1st, the Pirates win 5-4.

Disagree about Bell. Get the sure out in that situation. Regardless, the Buccos aren’t going to miss the playoffs by a game. They’ll be lucky to be within ten games of the last postseason spot. This team is dreadful. Bullpen is horrid. [highlight]If Taillon, Archer, Kela, and Vazquez were here, it would be a different story.[/highlight] But, Vazquez...yeah. Taillon and Archer being out pushes Kuhl and Brault to the rotation. Santana being suspended doesn’t help. This team is absolutely dreadful.

You know your team's in deep, deep doo doo when....