Mercer to Tigers . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Mercer to Tigers . . .

Post by Ecbucs »

0205293E284B0 wrote: As Pirate fans we occasionally have some great things to talk about and we always have something to bitch about.   Rarely was Jordy included in either of those lines of discussion. 

He wasn't Honus, he wasn't Clemente, he wasn't Kiner.  What he was was the old definition of a boss's dream: someone who came to work every day, did his job well, and never caused any problems. 

Playing the toughest position on the best Pirate teams of the last quarter century, Jordy more than carried his weight.  He wasn't a great player, but it was sure great he played for the Pirates.  I certainly wish him the best in the future. 

Well said.
ArnoldRothstein

Mercer to Tigers . . .

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

On those fan maps Facebook generates, there's alway been this little square of Pirate fans in Oklahoma - Mercer's home county. I guess they go with the Tigers now.
BucsFaninGA

Mercer to Tigers . . .

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Well stated INBuc. Well stated! The Bucs are set at shortstop with Newman and Gonzalez. What a line...And unfortunately we thought that spin only existed in the political arena.... :(
iabucco

Mercer to Tigers . . .

Post by iabucco »

I also wish Jordy the best also. He was a steady player for teams that brought excitement back to Pirate baseball. I hope he has a great year