Game Thread - 9/26 - Shelty's Bumblers @ Indians

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Shelton making a last ditch effort to lose by bringing in Neverauskas.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

436E63727564733330010 wrote: Shelton making a last ditch effort to lose by bringing in Neverauskas.
I cannot believe he is pitching. I hope he can hold an 8 run lead?
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Pitching is coming together nicely! Hayes looks as good as Cutch or better. Wait til next year!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

MVP next year?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6E434E5F58495E1E1D2C0 wrote: Hayes 4 for 4.

It's not fair to expect him to hit .350+ every year but it sure would be nice if his time here has been an indication of what we could see from him.  We can use it as fans to have something to cling to.  Now if BC can find a few more just like him.
When he was in the minors they kept saying he was a plus defender but his bat was suspect. But that's obviously not true. It's not just that he's getting hits. It's more that he looks very comfortable and confident and never over matched vs MLB pitching. Since he was recalled he's clearly been the best hitter on the team. That's not a suspect bat getting lucky. Just another example of how badly the Pirates evaluate their prospects (or lie about them to conserve service time).   

I'm real impressed by how he hits the ball where it's pitched. Has a really smooth, simple swing, too. He and Reynolds should slot nicely into the second and third spots in the order. It'd be nice if Bell rebounds next year so he can fill the 4th spot. Now, BC just has to find six more hitters. ::)