Good article on Hurdle...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7B5A527B50583F0 wrote: Hey fire them both.

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

44656D446F67000 wrote: Hey fire them both.

I agree, but that means Frank C. or Bob Nutting are pulling the trigger.

BenM

Post by BenM »

7D5B5A4D5B4B380 wrote: Hey fire them both.

I agree, but that means Frank C. or Bob Nutting are pulling the trigger.

Outside of giving Huntington and Hurdle new contracts, what does Frank Coonelly actually do?
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

222A293E2828244B0 wrote: I couldn't read the article but I think there are managers who are builders and there are those who are closers.  I think Clint was the right guy to start the winning but not the right guy to close.  I like Clint and will always thank him for ending the losing streak but I think it is time for a spark.  I don't think Clint is a good disciplinarian and I also think he has been with the Pirates so long that they have stopped listening to him.  I might be different if they team had made it to a world series but this team doesn't play like they are afraid of the coach.  It all seems to be about having fun when they are winning.  I am not opposed to that but it better not be fun while you are losing.  We need accountability and desire to win. 

Most of today's players won't tolerate a hardliner for a manager. As much as I can't stand him, Madden seems to be a pretty good blend of disciplinarian / player's coach.

I never really heard of Kevin Cash from Tampa Bay until about a month ago. Dan Plesac of the MLB Network reported on air at least twice that Cash stated Tyler Glasnow had the best stuff of any pitcher they had faced in spring training this year. A few days later Tampa traded for Glasnow.

At 67-61 Tampa is playing well and Cash is pretty highly regarded. Mike Shildt has resurrected the Cardinals in the last month. There are numerous career baseball men out there we have never heard of that know the game and would be an improvement over Clint. The Bucs will continue to run out of gear until he is replaced.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I wouldn't be shocked if he retired. He seems to be tiring of the grind.