Friday night vs. Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Two things ...

1. Meadows is on the bench again tonight. Really good, smart, savvy baseball move to start Polanco over Meadows by a front office that is clearly committed to WINNING.

2. This is a trap game for the Pirates. When a team comes off a bad road trip, they often return home, they're happy to be back, and they get complacent, overconfident. They have the mentality "Okay, now we're finally home and everything will be good again and we'll start winning." Next thing you know you're down 5-0 early and you're pressing. Ballgame.

I hope the Pirates can avoid that tonight and be focused and locked-in and get a win against a bad team ... and get on a roll. But I have learned to never expect a win vs. the Reds.
ScottinMass

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by ScottinMass »

Makes perfect sense to play Polanco over Meadows against Bailey.

Last time out against Bailey on May 23rd, Polanco went 0-2 with BB, GiDP, K, while Meadows went 1-3 with a single, but also sent a ball to deep CF that was caught at the 397 foot mark.

Again, makes perfect sense to me.
dmetz

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by dmetz »

The reds are as close to us as we are to the 1st place Brewers. I wouldn't assume we're going to roll over these guys.

It's hard to tell what the true ability of our team is. We started very hot, the Reds started terribly.
BenM

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by BenM »

Bases loaded, no outs.

The Bucs get one run.

Good luck Chad.
dmetz

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by dmetz »

Polanco has another hammy. He was favoring. I know they said he was "receiving treatment" but that's the first time I noticed.

Bobster21

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

Chad's not helping himself. 3 hits and 3 walks thru 3 innings.
BenM

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by BenM »

050C04151B610 wrote: Polanco has another hammy.   He was favoring.   I know they said he was "receiving treatment" but that's the first time I noticed.

To bad they don't have another option for the outfield and have to keep trotting him out with bad hamstrings.
rucker59@gmail.com

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

183538292E3F28686B5A0 wrote: Chad's not helping himself. 3 hits and 3 walks thru 3 innings.

Plus an error.

And Bell collects another error.
dmetz

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by dmetz »

Out of the inning. Kuhl surviving. 5IP 2ER.
dmetz

Friday night vs. Reds

Post by dmetz »

The reds have 6 hits, 3 of them on broken bats.  3 walks, 1 intentional.   Tough luck outing for Kuhl today.   Strike em out and remove luck from the equation