Shane Baez Report

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Shane Baez Report

Post by steve49 »

Hate to saying how pissed off I was then and how pissed off I am still today about that ridiculous trade . But maybe we aren't done by giving them a potential CY Young winner and league MVP for the washed up guy ?

Can't get the link to copy and post but the twitter accounting says he has a 5 pitch mix. FB , slider , curveball , change and cutter. FB sat at 95 to 97 and hit 100 today. Has 5 stars with a .84 whip.
steve49

Shane Baez Report

Post by steve49 »

Birthplace: Cypress, TX

Bats/Throws: R/R Ht: 6' 3" Wt: 190

Draft: Round 1 (2017, PIT)

School: Concordia Lutheran, Tomball, TX

Here's a glimpse of his 5 stars this year. Pretty consistently good ?

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?si ... g/2019/ALL

INbuc

Shane Baez Report

Post by INbuc »

IMHO, I thought Meadows and Glasnow was a steep price to pay for Archer...but maybe fair value for those in the business. But I remember saying a few bad words when they included Baz. Really bad optics. The BMTIB pretty much admitted they either didn't know what they were doing the day they drafted him or they didn't know what they were doing the day they traded him. I'm not sure they know what they are doing any day that ends in "day'.
Ecbucs

Shane Baez Report

Post by Ecbucs »

6A6D415640230 wrote: IMHO, I thought Meadows and Glasnow was a steep price to pay for Archer...but maybe fair value for those in the business.  But I remember saying a few bad words when they included Baz.  Really bad optics.  The BMTIB pretty much admitted they either didn't know what they were doing the day they drafted him or they didn't know what they were doing the day they traded him.   I'm not sure they know what they are doing any day that ends in "day'.

this deal and the Kela deal (if he turns out to be injured most of the time) should be deals that get NH fired. Sure he made a great deal to get Crick and Reynolds, and a perhaps okay deal with Cole but that is not good enough.
steve49

Shane Baez Report

Post by steve49 »

I predicted that Glasnow would be as good or better than Archer as soon as 2019. That one was pretty accurate I think ? I'll give you another . This will end up being considered one of the worst trades in MLB since Boston sold Ruth. The only thing that will possibly make this false will be serious injuries.
ChitownBucco

Shane Baez Report

Post by ChitownBucco »

He's had 5 really nice starts at A ball

Prob an MVP Cy Young kinda guy
steve49

Shane Baez Report

Post by steve49 »

7B50514C574F567A4D5B5B57380 wrote: He's had 5 really nice starts at A ball

Or maybe he can turn into a Chris Archer type ace ?
SCBucco

Shane Baez Report

Post by SCBucco »

537574637565160 wrote: IMHO, I thought Meadows and Glasnow was a steep price to pay for Archer...but maybe fair value for those in the business.  But I remember saying a few bad words when they included Baz.  Really bad optics.  The BMTIB pretty much admitted they either didn't know what they were doing the day they drafted him or they didn't know what they were doing the day they traded him.   I'm not sure they know what they are doing any day that ends in "day'.

this deal and the Kela deal (if he turns out to be injured most of the time) should be deals that get NH fired.  Sure he made a great deal to get Crick and Reynolds, and a perhaps okay deal with Cole but that is not  good enough.

NH won't get fired.  I think that is pretty safe.  He is doing what his boss is telling him to do.

NH paid a 2015 price for Archer, not 2018.  No one knew Glasnow would do anything.  He sucked in Pittsburgh and TBH, I didn't see him doing anything significant.  The other two, totally different story.

The Houston deal, I don't even call good.  Feliz sucks; Martin is ???; Musgrove - inconsistent and Moran is growing on me, but that doesn't equate to Cole.

The deal for Crick and Reynolds is looking masterful. The Kela deal ... you make that deal again. Taylor Hearne won't do anything of note.
ChitownBucco

Shane Baez Report

Post by ChitownBucco »

7D7A6B786B3A370E0 wrote: He's had 5 really nice starts at A ball

Or maybe he can turn into a Chris Archer type ace ?

sure

or maybe not make it to the show at all

or maybe break John Van Benchoten's high ERA record (does he still hold it)

or somewhere in between.

long way to go
PMike

Shane Baez Report

Post by PMike »

5A4A4B7C6A6A66090 wrote: IMHO, I thought Meadows and Glasnow was a steep price to pay for Archer...but maybe fair value for those in the business.  But I remember saying a few bad words when they included Baz.  Really bad optics.  The BMTIB pretty much admitted they either didn't know what they were doing the day they drafted him or they didn't know what they were doing the day they traded him.   I'm not sure they know what they are doing any day that ends in "day'.

this deal and the Kela deal (if he turns out to be injured most of the time) should be deals that get NH fired.  Sure he made a great deal to get Crick and Reynolds, and a perhaps okay deal with Cole but that is not  good enough.

NH won't get fired.  I think that is pretty safe.  He is doing what his boss is telling him to do.

NH paid a 2015 price for Archer, not 2018.  No one knew Glasnow would do anything.  He sucked in Pittsburgh and TBH, I didn't see him doing anything significant.  The other two, totally different story.

The Houston deal, I don't even call good.  Feliz sucks; Martin is ???; Musgrove - inconsistent and Moran is growing on me, but that doesn't equate to Cole.

The deal for Crick and Reynolds is looking masterful.  The Kela deal ... you make that deal again.  Taylor Hearne won't do anything of note.

Exactly. This thread is revisionist optics. Pretty much this whole city and this board were thrilled when they acquired Archer. Baz seemed like a bit much in the end, but well worth it. There is NO ONE who was suggesting that Glasnow was a Cy Young candidate or Meadows was going to be an MVP, let alone an All Star.