SROD = GoneRod

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

SROD = GoneRod

Post by ScottinMass »

The Pirates have designated infielder/outfielder Sean Rodriguez for assignment, manager Clint Hurdle told reporters (Twitter link via MLB.com’s Adam Berry). His roster spot will go to shortstop Jordy Mercer, who has been activated from the disabled list.
Bobster21

SROD = GoneRod

Post by Bobster21 »

:o
ArnoldRothstein

SROD = GoneRod

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

As always, inscrutable. Last I saw, Mercer was due back on the weekend, but they let SRod go just before rosters expanded. Maybe he went in and told them not being a good player isn't fun anymore.
DemDog

SROD = GoneRod

Post by DemDog »

I just pooped my drawers. If I had know this was coming along I would have been wearing my Depends today!
mouse

SROD = GoneRod

Post by mouse »

What a day for news. Had doubts SRod would ever be gone. Shame it didn't work out so well this time around. He seemed like a nice guy, just not quite able to do it anymore.

I saw that Morton went on the DL today with shoulder issues, as well.
Bobster21

SROD = GoneRod

Post by Bobster21 »

Hurdle must have finally gotten hold of and destroyed those incriminating photos.
INbuc

SROD = GoneRod

Post by INbuc »

Although Srod really reeked these past couple years, I always liked him. In his first year with the Bucs in 2015 I was watching him play against the Cardinals. The Cardinal announcers reported what a versatile player Sean was. They also noted his father Johnny Rodriguez was the Manager of one of the Cardinal farm teams -- now the Springfield Cardinals. The announcers stated how proud Johnny was of Sean as a person and how he enjoyed nothing more than watching Sean play ball.

It has been hard for all of us to watch him play the past year. I wish him the best and wonder if Sean would make a good coach?
Kovalwat

SROD = GoneRod

Post by Kovalwat »

Now that we got rid of Rodriguez, we need to salary dump Mercer and Harrison.  The if we could find someone to take Marte, Polanco, and Dickerson's salaries off our hands, we could field an all LMG team and BOB would be in ecstasy.  You could almost hear them next year making the excuse that "we are a young team ad there will be growing pains"
Ecbucs

SROD = GoneRod

Post by Ecbucs »

I'm very surprised the Bucs designated S-Rod. It doesn't make any sense to me to do it at this time.

The roster expands in a couple days.

this seems petty to me.

CarolinaBucco

SROD = GoneRod

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Two months too late. We needed him off the roster a while back when the games actually mattered and he struck out every at-bat.