5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

7. Kevin Newman (R) 3B

8. Cole Tucker (S) SS

9. Nick Kingham (R) P
IABucFan

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by IABucFan »

No Kang even against the lefty. Stick a fork in him. He’s done.
SteadyFreddy

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Kang is on the 10 day DL. Somehow I have a hard time believing this is a legit injury. At some point the Pirates I feel need to make a decision on Kang if he continues to struggle as badly as he has so far at the plate this season moving forward.
INbuc

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by INbuc »

Ah, the bruised finger strategy. We're the Pirates...we have nothing to lose by sending Kang to Indy for a brief rehab. Let's see if we can get him right. At his best, very few players in the organization are capable of doing what Kang can do.
Ecbucs

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by Ecbucs »

6265495E482B0 wrote: Ah, the bruised finger strategy.  We're the Pirates...we have nothing to lose by sending Kang to Indy for a brief rehab.  Let's see if we can get him right.  At his best, very few players in the organization are capable of doing what Kang can do.   

The team can't afford to start him 5 or 6 games in a row (heck even 2 or 3) to see if he can start hitting.

at Indy he can get regular at bats and if he gets his mojo back it will be a plus. If he doesn't it won't be that big of a loss since he has contributed little this season.
Ecbucs

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by Ecbucs »

Brault has proved he isn't a stopgap starter now it looks like Kingham wants to match him.

Going to need the bats tonight.
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Pirates break through against Ray, top of 1st, for 2 runs. But kingham immediately opens the door to the Dbacks.

2-2

IABucFan

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by IABucFan »

I see Taillon was transferred to the 60 day IL. That’s a major blow. So much for “four weeks.”
IABucFan

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by IABucFan »

I’ve seen just about enough of both Brault and Kingham. I’m all in favor of inserting Liriano into the rotation.
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Dbacks 5/13

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Unacceptable. Kingham, Brault have no business taking the mound if this is their best.

Second game in a row where these guys look like they’re throwing batting practice.

5-2