The season on the line: Pirates v Redlegs, Saturday

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Most important game of the year?! Nah, I don’t think so, but pretty important.

Cory Dickerson goes yard for the 3rd straight game. Pirates’ OF looking REALLY good. Good enough to build around.

1-0
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Marte was thrown out at 2B in the 1st inning on a close play when he over-slid the bag trying to stretch a single into a double. But replay showed him jogging the first halfway to 1B. :-[
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

092429383F2E39797A4B0 wrote: Marte was thrown out at 2B in the 1st inning on a close play when he over-slid the bag trying to stretch a single into a double. But replay showed him jogging the first halfway to 1B.  :-[

was he trying to trick the Reds into lobbing the ball in or just not paying attention? Seems to me you always need to start out of the box fast.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

173130273121520 wrote: Marte was thrown out at 2B in the 1st inning on a close play when he over-slid the bag trying to stretch a single into a double. But replay showed him jogging the first halfway to 1B.  :-[

was he trying to trick the Reds into lobbing the ball in or just not paying attention?  Seems to me you always need to start out of the box fast.
It was obvious he thought he just had a single but halfway to 1B he realized he could get to 2B so he turned on the speed. So instead of getting there easily he was out on a close play.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

103D30212637206063520 wrote: Marte was thrown out at 2B in the 1st inning on a close play when he over-slid the bag trying to stretch a single into a double. But replay showed him jogging the first halfway to 1B.  :-[

was he trying to trick the Reds into lobbing the ball in or just not paying attention?  Seems to me you always need to start out of the box fast.
It was obvious he thought he just had a single but halfway to 1B he realized he could get to 2B so he turned on the speed. So instead of getting there easily he was out on a close play.

the exact opposite of Pete Rose. He got more doubles by hustling out of the box than anybody (not my favorite player but he knew what he was doing on the ball field).
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

For anyone unaware: rain delay with Reds batting batting in the 4th. Pirates still up 2-0.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Dickerson with 2 HRs tonight and 4 in the last 3 games!
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

694449585F4E59191A2B0 wrote: Dickerson with 2 HRs tonight and 4 in the last 3 games!

Let's trade him!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

426465726474070 wrote: Marte was thrown out at 2B in the 1st inning on a close play when he over-slid the bag trying to stretch a single into a double. But replay showed him jogging the first halfway to 1B.  :-[

[highlight]the exact opposite of Pete Rose.  He got more doubles by hustling out of the box than anybody (not my favorite player but he knew what he was doing on the ball field).[/highlight]

I hated Pete but if the Pirates would have gotten him on their team in his prime I would have rooted like mad for him.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7C5D557C575F380 wrote: Marte was thrown out at 2B in the 1st inning on a close play when he over-slid the bag trying to stretch a single into a double. But replay showed him jogging the first halfway to 1B.  :-[

[highlight]the exact opposite of Pete Rose.  He got more doubles by hustling out of the box than anybody (not my favorite player but he knew what he was doing on the ball field).[/highlight]

I hated Pete but if the Pirates would have gotten him on their team in his prime I would have rooted like mad for him.

same here. If he wouldn't have bunted to beat Clemente out of batting title I probably would have been neutral about him (although I still would have hated the Reds). Do I remember correctly that the Bucs offered him a race horse or two when he was a free agent?