2. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

7. Elias Diaz (R) C

8. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

9. Steven Brault (L) P

I always prefer to have Polanco as one of the OFers not starting. He's the least useful.
Bobster21

Pirates vs Marlins 6/14

Post by Bobster21 »

Pirates don't score in the 1st. Now the scary part: a Pirate has to pitch! :o
SCBucco

Pirates vs Marlins 6/14

Post by SCBucco »

694449585F4E59191A2B0 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

7. Elias Diaz (R) C

8. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

9. Steven Brault (L) P

I always prefer to have Polanco as one of the OFers not starting. He's the least useful.

So, dare I say Bobster takes over the start of the game thread from Possum?

My fantasy league pitching sucks, but all 5 rbis by the Bucs are on my team. Had Bell and Marte to start the season ... picked up Moran and Newman for guys on the DL and I might actually keep both.
JollyRoger

Pirates vs Marlins 6/14

Post by JollyRoger »

Through all this adversity I am glad that the injuries and minor league failures gave Brault a second life. I know I am in the minority and he is pitching against the dreadful Marlins; but I felt he had a role on this club. Also he is a very good hitting pitcher.

Let’s break this losing streak and get a winning streak going.

One thing this team does have is a solid core of hitters.

Bell, Reynolds, Cabrera, Marte, Dickerson, Newman. Add in Diaz and a rejuvenated Moran and the lineup is solid
Bobster21

Pirates vs Marlins 6/14

Post by Bobster21 »

This year we're seeing the power from Moran we hoped for last year. Last year he hit 11 HRs in 415 ABs. He already has 10 in 188 ABs.

Brault was actually optioned to Indy a few weeks ago but it was cancelled when someone else got hurt. Recently, he's been their most effective pitcher. For his last 5 games including tonight, his ERA is 1.65.
SteadyFreddy

Pirates vs Marlins 6/14

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Well I said earlier today the Pirates needed to go something like 7-1 in these next 8 games with the Marlins, Tigers, and Padres winning the first game 11-0 is definitely a good start. I think 7-1 is definitely possible if they can sweep this series with the Marlins somehow. I think they can win the two games here with the Tigers and win 2 of 3 from the Padres so let’s see how the rest of this weekend goes.