Vargas Designated

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Vargas Designated

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Bucs have designated Vargas according to Jason Mackey. That opens a spot on the 40 man roster. Vargas spot on the 26 man roster is probably taken by Tom. Chase DeJong has been spotted in Pittsburgh, he may be the starter today. In order for him to start a roster spot on the 40 man would be necessary.
Ecbucs

Vargas Designated

Post by Ecbucs »

5A56570C050C04090E110B3C0 wrote: The Bucs have designated Vargas according to Jason Mackey. That opens a spot on the 40 man roster. Vargas spot on the 26 man roster is probably taken by Tom. Chase DeJong has been spotted in Pittsburgh, he may be the starter today. In order for him to start a roster spot on the 40 man would be necessary.

thanks for posting. I could walk right by Chase DeJong (probably a lot of other Pirates too) and never suspect he was part of the team. Hope he does well.

Wonder if Bucs will send Vargas to Indy if no one claims him. Perhaps next move will be sending DeJong back and bringing up Hayes.
Surgnbuck

Vargas Designated

Post by Surgnbuck »

I thought for certain they would option Tucker back to Indy, once again it's puzzling why he's up but not playing.

I questioned the use of Chasen Shreve to finish game 1 yesterday with a 7 run lead, instead of using the low leverage situation for Oviedo, or the guy I thought for sure would be pitching, Nick Mears. As I stated in that post, I didn't even know he was recalled until I was looking at the available options to pitch the top of the 7th.

I still think Mears is sent down, but I think Chad Kuhl is going to be the starter. Practically every media outlet that posts/projects lineups has Chad Kuhl starting, and they showed Kuhl on the broadcast yesterday.

One thing about the Pirates and the roster, I've come to the point of never being surprised, much in the same way I no longer try and make sense of some of Shelton's lineup decisions.
Bobster21

Vargas Designated

Post by Bobster21 »

436562777E7265737B100 wrote: I thought for certain they would option Tucker back to Indy, once again it's puzzling why he's up but not playing.

I questioned the use of Chasen Shreve to finish game 1 yesterday with a 7 run lead, instead of using the low leverage situation for Oviedo, or the guy I thought for sure would be pitching, Nick Mears. As I stated in that post, I didn't even know he was recalled until I was looking at the available options to pitch the top of the 7th.

I still think Mears is sent down, but I think Chad Kuhl is going to be the starter. Practically every media outlet that posts/projects lineups has Chad Kuhl starting, and they showed Kuhl on the broadcast yesterday.

One thing about the Pirates and the roster, I've come to the point of never being surprised, much in the same way I no longer try and make sense of some of Shelton's lineup decisions.
Tucker's stay will be very short. Hayes, Moran and Evans are all due back soon. So Tucker, Craig and 1 more need to go. Gamel is playing well and Difo has been useful so unless they jettison Polanco, Tom could be the odd man out.
Surgnbuck

Vargas Designated

Post by Surgnbuck »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: I thought for certain they would option Tucker back to Indy, once again it's puzzling why he's up but not playing.

Tucker's stay will be very short. Hayes, Moran and Evans are all due back soon. So Tucker, Craig and 1 more need to go. Gamel is playing well and Difo has been useful so unless they jettison Polanco, Tom could be the odd man out.
We know what the right move would be baseball wise. I was looking at the stats, as a Pirate Tom has outperformed Polanco. Difo and Gamel have been excellent additions and I don't think they're going anywhere.

I would not be surprised though, if the odd man out ends up being Evans.
Surgnbuck

Vargas Designated

Post by Surgnbuck »

Chase DeJong it is....JT Brubaker to the bereavement list
fjk090852-7

Vargas Designated

Post by fjk090852-7 »

725F52434455420201300 wrote: I thought for certain they would option Tucker back to Indy, once again it's puzzling why he's up but not playing.

When Hayes returns someone on the 40 man roster must go since Hayes is now on the 60 day IL.
fjk090852-7

Vargas Designated

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1A3C3B2E272B3C2A22490 wrote: I thought for certain they would option Tucker back to Indy, once again it's puzzling why he's up but not playing.

Appears that Kuhl will pitch in Kansas on Monday.