Article at BA on Tucker's swing changes

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Hope the article's right. If Tucker (and Hayes) can hit at the ML level there's a chance we could be good in the next few years.

If they can't we're screwed.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Not that I don't like Tim Williams, but before I get too excited I want to hear this from somewhere independent and not so Pirate-centric.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I hope the adjustments in Tucker’s swing pay off. For me, he brings a lot of energy and excitement with his play. I too like Kevin Newman so I hope they move him to second base, so Tucker would be the starting shortstop.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I didn't realize he was as big as he is. There definitely should be some power in there.
Lecom

Post by Lecom »

02303C3C281A39303D383730510 wrote: Not that I don't like Tim Williams, but before I get too excited I want to hear this from somewhere independent and not so Pirate-centric.

Yep I agree. I love Tucker he is a personable young player who understands the importance of the fans and acts accordingly . Only time will tell whether he can hit ML pitching on a consistent basis.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Tucker has been about a .260 hitter in both AA and AAA. His glove is good enough that at the very least he should have a career as a good fielding SS with a little below average bat a la Clint Barmes. But that's worst case scenario. He's only 23 next month, he's energetic, passionate and seems to have the drive to succeed. I think the hitting will come and I expect him to have a very good career.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

I think that Tucker and Hayes will both be above average MLB infielders. But I want them to pound on the door to MLB! I've said this before, excuse the repetition, but if they can't dominate at AAA, why would we believe they could be plus players at the MLB level?

Adam Frazier may be the best trade bait we have. I'll feel better trading him for a prospect or two if I think Tucker can handle MLB pitching.