Trade Deadline Burn It All Down Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Might as well gather these all in one place. Jordan Lyles back to Milwaukee once again for a really tall 25 year old AA pitcher.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/ ... ewers.html
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Nutting to Neal ___

Good job Neal. You saved me about $500,000 through the end of the year. Keep up with the good work.

Oh, do you think you can find anyone to take Cervelli and remove some of his salary from the books? Maybe you could give them Bell, Reynolds or Newman if they agreed to also take Cervelli. I know you can do it; just look at what the Bucs did in moving Aram and Lofton.

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7D51595E5572455343300 wrote: Nutting to Neal  ___

Good job Neal.  You saved me about $500,000 through the end of the year.  Keep up with the good work. 

Oh, do you think you can find anyone to take Cervelli and remove some of his salary from the books?  Maybe you could give them Bell, Reynolds or Newman if they agreed to also take Cervelli.  I know you can do it; just look at what the Bucs did in moving Aram and Lofton.   

So would you have kept Jordan Lyles then?
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Wonder if this means they call up Keller?
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Alex McRae starting tonight. Oh boy.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Sammy

I am generally indifferent to moving Lyles. It almost doesn't matter if they start McCrae, Holmes, Montana or any of the other failed starters in place of Lyles. Lyles was hit so hard in his two most recent outings that I would just as soon see them start Shruck.

At the end of this trade deadline, I bet the Bucs collectively end up spending less on payroll, a move that I believe will make Nutting feel that the upcoming mini-purge had a purpose.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

675B5D5B40495F46280 wrote: Wonder if this means they call up Keller?

93.7 The Fan had Clint on and asked him that question. His reply was not until they are ready to put him in the rotation to stay.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

0D2C240D262E490 wrote: Wonder if this means they call up Keller?

93.7 The Fan had Clint on and asked him that question.  His reply was not until they are ready to put him in the rotation to stay.

As much as I've come to the conclusion that our owner , GM and manager are poor , I do agree with that decision.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I think he got hammered his last AAA start which was a few days ago, so he doesn't look ready for ML hitters. Starting to wonder if he hasn't topped out at AAA.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Fangraphs stated that Ponce has some potential to be a reliever in the MLB. They also stated that Ponce was likely the most that the Bucs could have or should have gotten for Lyles.