3. Bryan De La Cruz (R) LF

4. Jesus Sanchez (L) RF

5. Garrett Cooper (R) 1B

6. Jon Berti (R) 3B

7. Joey Wendle (L) SS

8. Nick Fortes (R) C

9. Jonathan Davis (R) CF

Jesus Luzardo (L) SP

You go GMBC, throw your wade of bubble gum against the wall and see if it sticks? You can also, throw Haines out with the bathwater.
Bobster21

Official Game Thread - 6/23 - Bucs @ Marlins

Post by Bobster21 »

Having Davis and Gonzalez both in the lineup is nice but I'm totally psyched about Hedges' pitch framing! Yeah, Hedges! Frame that pitch!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!!

This one looks like the streak buster!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

FYI, the game is on Apple TV + tonight. If you didn't sign up before (I didn't) they have a promotion if you go through the MLB site, 2 months free trial, instead of the one week trial the apple site offers.

So yeah, I signed up, mostly because of Gonzalez being called up.

And to watch Hedges frame pitches, natch. You know, you don't get to see it often on television, but another awesome thing to watch is Hedges taking warm up pitchers. No one warms up a pitcher like Hedges.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Miami's leadoff hitter Luis Arraez leads MLB with 106 hits, .397 BA and OBP of .447. He was the AL batting champion in 2022 (.316). This is his 5th season and his career BA is .327.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

734651515A6351515A5D51340 wrote: Having Davis and Gonzalez both in the lineup is nice but I'm totally psyched about Hedges' pitch framing! Yeah, Hedges! Frame that pitch!!!

I see that you've been working on your material.  :)

I'm here all night. And tip your waiters.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

3 singles and a walk net the marlins one run in the first.

1-0 fish
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

This apple broadcast is hard to watch already. They just talked over almost the entire top of the second telling us about the Marlins starting pitcher.

Not that it mattered. Davis K's swinging at a pitch in the dirt, Castro robbed of a hit on a nice play by Arraez. But really frustrating they didn't stop their blathering to at least acknowledge Gonzalez first AB in the majors, only squeezing it in as he strikes out swinging on three pitches.

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear this is the Marlin's broadcast, because it's been very Fish-centric so far
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

517770656C60776169020 wrote: This apple broadcast is hard to watch already. They just talked over almost the entire top of the second telling us about the Marlins starting pitcher.

Not that it mattered. Davis K's swinging at a pitch in the dirt, Castro robbed of a hit on a nice play by Arraez. But really frustrating they didn't stop their blathering to at least acknowledge Gonzalez first AB in the majors, only squeezing it in as he strikes out swinging on three pitches.

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear this is the Marlin's broadcast, because it's been very Fish-centric so far
as for broadcasters, we can't catch a break
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

As my apple tv + broadcast glitches, I have to catch back up on gameday. Ortiz strikes out 2 in the bottom of the second, 1-2-3 go the fish.

Pirates go in order top of the third