Reasons to Be Happy This Sunday

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

Aside from the first 70 degree day we've seen in Syracuse all year, there are several reasons for every Pirate fan to be happy today. Here's my top 9:

1. Josh Bell looks like the best 1st Baseman we've had since Willie Stargell.

2. Every team in the organization won last night!

3. We snuck Jake Stallings through on waivers. This is going to be critical next year when Cervelli leaves as a FA.

4. Kevin Newman has begun to show real value as a MLB infielder.

5. For all their screwups, you've got to hand it to management for acquiring Jordan Lyles and Melky Cabrera this offseason

6. Frankie Liriano is being used properly and is having a Comeback Player of the Year season.

7. Gregory Polanco seems to have picked up where he left off last season, and his weakened throwing arm hasn't hurt us too bad.

8. It took too long, but Richard Rodriguez was finally sent to AAA, and Hartlieb just might be this year's version of the 2018 Rodriguez.

9. I get to watch the Pirates today without falling asleep in the middle of the game!

This list is highly subjective, as are all reasons to be happy, but I would be tickled to see anyone build on to this list. Go Bucs!
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

10) Despite an incredible amount of injuries the Bucs are 3 games above .500 and in contention

11) The Nightmare is still the Nightmare

12) Burdi if he recovers will be a beast in the BP

13) The Cutch trade is looking to tip in our favor with Crick and Reynolds-who appears to be a legit MLB switch hitter with some pop

14) Lyles has been lights out

15)Melky has been awesome. Need to keep him. Seems to be a great presence in the dugout as well

16) Pirates uniforms were voted in the top ten by the players

17) it’s raining in SD (highly unusual) but I’ll be at the game

18) Finally; with all the positive that we can see; there is one over riding negative that trumps it all and can be summed up in one word......Nutting
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

19) plently to debate, but I think Clint has done a good job for the most part.

20) Josh Bell hit his two homers yesterday batting righty.

21) national writers are holding SI’s feet to the fire over their blistering evaluation of Josh Bell (https://www.google.com/amp/s/mlb.nbcspo ... -bell/amp/

22) there is no difference in losing by 20 runs and winning by 1 run.

23) despite a couple bumps, I think Joe Musgrove is the real deal.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Well-stated!