Wilmer Flores Non Tendered

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

gileszee

Post by gileszee »

I actually would take a flier on him. He always seems to be a tough out when we played the Mets. He also walked us off once last year when we played them in NY.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

5C52575E48415E5E3B0 wrote: I actually would take a flier on him.  He always seems to be a tough out when we played the Mets.  He also walked us off once last year when we played them in NY.

I like him too. He is very good against lefties. Can play first, third and at least a little second.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I don't know. Yes, he hits but is not the best fielder in the game. I guess if you are in a win-now mode you might take a flier on him for a year with a club option for 2020.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Flores is a clutch hitter. He"can play second, third and first.A solid player!
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

He’s a lot like Kramer or Reyes (without the ability to play OF). He does have a fair bit of MMLB experience already and is approaching his prime. So, do you keep Kramer and/or Reyes down or move them if we sign Flores?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1601172036363A550 wrote: He’s a lot like Kramer or Reyes (without the ability to play OF). He does have a fair bit of MMLB experience already and is approaching his prime. So, do you keep Kramer and/or Reyes down or move them if we sign Flores?

keeping Kramer down for awhile is okay but I think Reyes (or another outfielder is needed).