ChillinStation

The Arm Barn

Post by ChillinStation »

The world is crazy . It just sickens me to read any news nowadays. :-/

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/peta ... -arm-barn/
WildwoodDave2

The Arm Barn

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

765D5C59595C5B664154415C5A5B350 wrote: The world is crazy . It just sickens me to read any news nowadays.  :-/

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/peta ... -arm-barn/
I read it and wished I hadn't
BenM

The Arm Barn

Post by BenM »

PETA is not a serious institution. They are attention wh&#%s trolling people and are not worth anyone's time.

And that's from someone who is sympathetic to some of the issues they used to work on.
iwatch

The Arm Barn

Post by iwatch »

On another front, PETA has asked the PGA to change the phrase “birdie” to “really good scoring shot”, sensing that birdie is a word that minimizes the suffering of chickadees everywhere.
DemDog

The Arm Barn

Post by DemDog »

455B4D584F442C0 wrote: On another front, PETA has asked the PGA to change the phrase “birdie” to “really good scoring shot”, sensing that birdie is a word that minimizes the suffering of chickadees everywhere. 

Speaking of golf. Birdie is one under par on a hole, Eagle is two under par on a hole, Albatros is 3 under par on a hole. So PETA has to come up with some really politically correct names for golf.
iwatch

The Arm Barn

Post by iwatch »

They suggested that “eagle” be corrected to “so vastly superior scoring shot that it’s almost beyond belief” while three under par is to be called “seriously?” 

Thus an announcer might be heard to say, “Daly mashed his tee shot, rolling it into the cup on the 398!yard par 4, the tournaments first “seriously”’this year.
UtahPirate

The Arm Barn

Post by UtahPirate »

This is just the kind of stupidity that Mansfield will take seriously ...
Bobster21

The Arm Barn

Post by Bobster21 »

"Fly ball" might be disrespectful to that insect so will need to be changed to "aerodynamically infused baseball."

And the baseball slang "can of corn" might suggest falsely imprisoning that vegetable and will need to be changed to "routine catch of an aerodynamically infused baseball."

And don't even dare think of a ground ball being a "worm killer."
GreenWeenie

The Arm Barn

Post by GreenWeenie »

This past season, they cracked down on that Spider Tack stuff. I guess "bullpen" is 2022's pet project. I AM allowed to write "pet," aren't I?
Bobster21

The Arm Barn

Post by Bobster21 »

033621212A1321212A2D21440 wrote: This past season, they cracked down on that Spider Tack stuff.  I guess "bullpen" is 2022's pet project.  I AM allowed to write "pet," aren't I?
As long as you don't add an A and make it PETA. :)

I hope MLB's response to the silly bullpen issue is to ignore it or else just laugh at it. No sense in legitimizing silliness like this by taking it seriously.