2018 Prospect Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

OrlandoMerced

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Thought it would be good to have a thread to discuss ongoing development in the farm system.

Craig is already showing more power in Altoona.

Mason Martin is continuing to hit in WV. That whole Low-A is very young so any success in WV for these 18 year, just holding their own should be an accomplishment.

The Cruz SS experiment is thus far not good and he's not hitting. I think his prospect status is a little over inflated.

Hearn and Keller have both pitched well in their first AA starts of the season.

I think Tucker is breaking out big time.
iabucco

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by iabucco »

Hearn had good numbers but I think I read that he threw 80 pitches and only 46 were strikes. That is concerning. Meadows is hitting and Luplow is not. I think Kingham will be a bullpen arm sooner rather than later.

Will Keller pitch in Pittsburgh this year? Will Meadows be called up at some point? Who are other prospect that will actually help the Pirates this year
fjk090852-7

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just saw that Indy already won today. Kingham pitched six strong innings and Crick got the save. Also noticed that Newman played second and Kramer played short. The Bucs said they were going to move the two between both positions.
OrlandoMerced

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by OrlandoMerced »

The Kingham K totals through two games is encouraging. Makes me think he could contribute in the bullpen as well.
OrlandoMerced

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by OrlandoMerced »

https://www.piratesprospects.com/2018/0 ... anics.html

MacGregor might be the prep breakout this year. I was banking on Ogle, but he had a rough first outing while MacGregor has apparently taken large step forward.
fjk090852-7

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think Kramer playing shortstop this early in the AAA season is interesting. I know the Bucs wanted to move both Newman and Kramer around, but in my opinion I believe the Bucs have moved Kramer up the depth chart ahead of Newman. It appears they like these left handed hitters in the lineup which play well at PNC Park.
OrlandoMerced

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Should Mercer get injured for an extended period of time, I think the org would be more comfortable moving Kramer up to the majors over Newman. I think Newman is more likely to be overmatched in the majors at this point.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

3C30316A636A626F68776D5A0 wrote: I think Kramer playing shortstop this early in the AAA season is interesting. I know the Bucs wanted to move both Newman and Kramer around, but in my opinion I believe the Bucs have moved Kramer up the depth chart ahead of Newman. It appears they like these left handed hitters in the lineup which play well at PNC Park.

I wanted that to happen too. Good job by the Pirates.
dmetz

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by dmetz »

08352B262923280A2235242223470 wrote: The Kingham K totals through two games is encouraging. Makes me think he could contribute in the bullpen as well.

This is who I'm thinking should be the next bullpen callup. He's ready for ML work and we need middle bullpen help. I think we should try it out asap
dmetz

2018 Prospect Thread

Post by dmetz »

Broken record, I know.

Moroff has played a full game at SS, 2b, and 3b as well. He's not hitting so well though. OPS is only 1.100+ He needs to man up and start driving the ball somewhere.

I like his bat a lot and would like to see him at SS.