Scheduling quirk

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Scheduling quirk

Post by IABucFan »

Not an epic fail, but today is the 4th of July. MLB should have a full slate of games today. I realize Thursday is a traditional off day, but the Mets, Rockies, Giants, D-Backs, Orioles, and Astros all get the day off today. And the Blue Jays have a home game. There should be fifteen MLB games on American soil every year on July 4. The Blue Jays gets a guaranteed home game on Canada Day. They should get a guaranteed road game on July 4. (And I love Toronto. It’s one of my favorite cities in the world.)
Ecbucs

Scheduling quirk

Post by Ecbucs »

I agree. This has been happening for a few years. Having games on Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day should be a no brainer.
DemDog

Scheduling quirk

Post by DemDog »

Yep, they should be MLB on all those days and I suggest that they all be doubleheaders like in my younger days.
SteadyFreddy

Scheduling quirk

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates don’t play on Labor Day this year which will be extremely annoying.
Bobster21

Scheduling quirk

Post by Bobster21 »

11362723263B04302726263B420 wrote: The Pirates don’t play on Labor Day this year which will be extremely annoying.
I guess Labor Day didn't work for them. ;D ;D ;D
fjk090852-7

Scheduling quirk

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I agree all teams should play on the summer holidays. Another odd scheduling quirk, is that I heard the announcers say yesterday that the Cubs have an off day today. I thought all teams play on the three weekend days, unless they get rained out.