Happy reunion - the Fort returns!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Gonna miss Teke.   But what a great addition to bring Michael McHenry to Pittsburgh as Teke’s replacement.  He’ll be on pre and post game coverage on AT&T.

The Fort is one of the nicest guys I’ve met, one of my three favorite Pirate “people”. 
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

He will be a good addition to the pre and post game telecasts. I agree he was a favorite for many of the Bucs Nation.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Had my picture taken with the Fort and Garrett Jones at a souvenir shop in the Strip District, and had a ball signed by both of them several years ago.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Good to see a former Pirate coming back to work with the team. Really liked McKendry and felt he had a lot of heart and character!

Believe he will do well in is role. Kinda like John Wehner...
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I hope he brings his gear...when Cervelli gets hurt, we're down to Diaz and Stallings. They might have to sign him out of the booth around July 15 or so. And I'm totally serious about that.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Besides being on the pre and post games on ATT Sports Michael McHenry makes a weekly visit on The Fan on Friday mornings at 9 o’clock. I have heard several of his weekly interviews, and in my opinion he would be a perfect choice to become a coach and future manager. He is very knowledgeable of the game whether it involves pitching or hitting. It would be good if the Pirates hire him to be a coach beginning next season. Personally I don’t think he will be a commentator on ATT Sports much longer. If not the Pirates some team is going to hire him to join their coaching staff.

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

4A46471C151C14191E011B2C0 wrote: Besides being on the pre and post games on ATT Sports Michael McHenry makes a weekly visit on The Fan on Friday mornings  at 9 o’clock. I have heard several of his weekly interviews, and in my opinion he would be a perfect choice to become a coach and future manager. He is very knowledgeable of the game whether it involves pitching or hitting. It would be good if the Pirates hire him to be a coach beginning next season. Personally I don’t think he will be a commentator on ATT Sports much longer. If not the Pirates some team is going to hire him to join their coaching staff.

Is he still coaching at college level?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just saw a photo on the Bucs twitter site of The Fort and Hurdle at the annual clay shotgun day at Seven Springs. One of the best moves the Bucs could make this offseason is to add McHenry to their coaching staff. He has a very good baseball sense.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6A66673C353C34393E213B0C0 wrote: Just saw a photo on the Bucs twitter site  of The Fort and Hurdle at the annual clay shotgun day at Seven Springs. One of the best moves the Bucs could make this offseason is to add McHenry to their coaching staff. He has a very good baseball sense.
That's one thing Hurdle doesn't have. :(
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I just hope that the Pirates don’t miss on this opportunity, and McHenry ends up with another major league team.