The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Looks like the Priates haven't cornered the Highly Questionable Hires market quite yet.

Here's a guy who, himself, never developed. Yet....

Good for us!
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

26070F260D05620 wrote: El Toro hired by Brewers as player development coaches.

“Pedro Alvarez” and “hired for player development staff” are words I never thought I’d read in the same sentence. Maybe “Pedro Alvarez frustrates player development staff”, but not that.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

I would've bet on Neal Huntington taking over as scouting director for the Tampa Bay Rays before I would've bet on this. At least that would've made sense.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

5C697E7E754C7E7E75727E1B0 wrote: I would've bet on Neal Huntington taking over as scouting director for the Tampa Bay Rays before I would've bet on this.  At least that would've made sense.
I'm still stunned that Dave Littlefield continues to have jobs in baseball. Must be the hair. ;D
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

He holds compromising photographs or some form of video on somebody.

A little more seriously, it probably has something to do with Dave Dombrosky doing a little pulling for him, I guess.

Along with his hair, I heard that his puke green neckties became quite the fashion statement in The Burgh. Is that true? ;)
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

1025323239003232393E32570 wrote: He holds compromising photographs or some form of video on somebody.

A little more seriously, it probably has something to do with Dave Dombrosky doing a little pulling for him, I guess.

Along with his hair, I heard that his puke green neckties became quite the fashion statement in The Burgh.  Is that true?  ;) 
In August 2015 the Tigers inexplicably promoted Littlefield to VP of player development. They had 1 winning season since that promotion. In August 2021 he was reassigned to "an advisory role as a special assignment scout." As in, "Dave, scout around at a few stores for the best price for hair products."
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

"Advisory role as a special assignment."

I hope they gave him large business cards.

"Special assistant."  "Special advisor."  "Special assignment." I guess everything in baseball has to be special.

If David Littlefield's special, then I'm at least halfway decent.

How about winning some baseball games....or, just playing some games?  Or, just owners and players getting along?  Those would be special.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

7E4B5C5C576E5C5C57505C390 wrote: "Advisory role as a special assignment."

I hope they gave him large business cards.

"Special assistant."  "Special advisor."  "Special assignment."  I guess everything in baseball has to be special.

If David Littlefield's special, then I'm at least halfway decent.

How about winning some baseball games....or, just playing some games?  Or, just owners and players getting along?  Those would be special.

Which side of halfway are you? On the good side or the bad side. I would say ??? ;) ;) ;) With that statement, I have say [smiley=beer.gif] on me if we ever meet.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm on the wrong side of that half way. ;) At least I've never worn a puke green necktie in my entire life. That could score me points.

I'm all up for meeting folks on here. I think I've met three so far. The fourth has been talked about. I think I should ask for federal mediation. ;)))))
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Make that two on a technicality. The third is like Pete Rose. On The Ineligible List. :((((