The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

3935346F666F676A6D72685F0 wrote: Polanco Reportedly Talking to NPB Club  This per MLBTRs
It is official Polanco has signed with the Giants in the NPB League.
Considering the uncertainty of the MLB season, that seems like a good move.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

163B36272031266665540 wrote: Polanco Reportedly Talking to NPB Club  This per MLBTRs

Good for Gregory, I hope he can make something work over there so that if we get the DH in both leagues he can perhaps make an MLB comeback somewhere. Good luck ElCoffee!
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

27060E270C04630 wrote: Polanco Reportedly Talking to NPB Club  This per MLBTRs

Good for Gregory, I hope he can make something work over there so that if we get the DH in both leagues he can perhaps make an MLB comeback somewhere.  Good luck ElCoffee!

He needs to put up good numbers in Japan for another shot at MLB. He is seen as a poor defensive player with no arm who hits for a low average and is rumored to have power but has never had a high volume HR season. He can get around the defensive issues as a DH but needs to either hit for average or hit a lot of HRs.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

200D00111607105053620 wrote: Polanco Reportedly Talking to NPB Club  This per MLBTRs

Good for Gregory, I hope he can make something work over there so that if we get the DH in both leagues he can perhaps make an MLB comeback somewhere.  Good luck ElCoffee!

He needs to put up good numbers in Japan for another shot at MLB. He is seen as a poor defensive player with no arm who hits for a low average and is rumored to have power but has never had a high volume HR season. He can get around the defensive issues as a DH but needs to either hit for average or hit a lot of HRs.

All excellent points and right as rain. But just as important, he has to be able to stay healthy. He’s one of those guys who can’t seem to avoid injury. I think his awkwardness is the reason.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0C5A4C58574D5D565B4C7E59535F5752105D3E0 wrote: Polanco Reportedly Talking to NPB Club  This per MLBTRs

All excellent points and right as rain.  But just as important, he has to be able to stay healthy.  He’s one of those guys who can’t seem to avoid injury.  I think his awkwardness is the reason.
I thought they might have signed him for his base stealing ability :D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

06383D35263E3E351530273463510 wrote: Polanco Reportedly Talking to NPB Club  This per MLBTRs

All excellent points and right as rain.  But just as important, he has to be able to stay healthy.  He’s one of those guys who can’t seem to avoid injury.  I think his awkwardness is the reason.
I thought they might have signed him for his base stealing ability  :D ;D

In the same way NASA would want me for my rocket science ability.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

792F392D223828232E390B2C262A222765284B0 wrote: Polanco Reportedly Talking to NPB Club  This per MLBTRs

I thought they might have signed him for his base stealing ability  :D ;D

In the same way NASA would want me for my rocket science ability.
:D ;D :D
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Travis Snyder has announced his retirement from baseball.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

060A0B5059505855524D57600 wrote: Travis Snyder has announced his retirement from baseball.
He'll always have that "Snyderman" play in New York. I know the official stats say otherwise, but I still say he hit the longest HR in PNC Park history. He hit one that ended up hitting the boat house (granted on a couple of bounces) that they shoot the HR/victory fireworks from.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

656968333A333B36312E34030 wrote: Travis Snyder has announced his retirement from baseball.

Was anyone, other than his mom, aware that he was still playing?