The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

251007070C3507070C0B07620 wrote: Into "The Departed" heap you go- Cahill, Yoshi, and Shelby Miller, unless you should return at some point.
Mark Melancon is now a free agent
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Jeff Bannister isn't.

Not sure what to make of this, but, evidently that powerhouse Arizona Diamondbacks club thinks that hiring Jeff Bannister as bench coach is their most recent step to returning to better ball.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

734651515A6351515A5D51340 wrote: Jeff Bannister isn't.

Not sure what to make of this, but, evidently that powerhouse Arizona Diamondbacks club thinks that hiring Jeff Bannister as bench coach is their most recent step to returning to better ball.
I think that is a good move on their part.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

172235353E0735353E3935500 wrote: Jeff Bannister isn't.

Phillies reportedly interested in Marte
SyrBucco

The Departed

Post by SyrBucco »

So I was looking over the Minor league transactions at the baseball Cube (yes, I'm retired) and came upon some familiar names. All of the following have been released by their Minor League teams:

Joely Rodriguez, a lefty we traded away (Yankees)

Trey Supak, a 2nd rounder in 2014 (Milwaukee AAA)

Dario Agrazal, who started 14 games for us back in 2019 (Arizona AA)

Montana Durapau, another 2019 pitcher - cool name! (Oakland AA)

I suppose that guys like these have to move on because major league systems are so limited now. I'm surprised that we haven't released a lot more of our guys.
Ecbucs

The Departed

Post by Ecbucs »

537972427563636F000 wrote: So I was looking over the Minor league transactions at the baseball Cube (yes, I'm retired) and came upon some familiar names. All of the following have been released by their Minor League teams:

I suppose that guys like these have to move on because major league systems are so limited now. I'm surprised that we haven't released a lot more of our guys.

one update, Joely Rodriguez signed a contract with the Yankees on November 10.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

0D272C1C2B3D3D315E0 wrote: So I was looking over the Minor league transactions at the baseball Cube (yes, I'm retired) and came upon some familiar names. All of the following have been released by their Minor League teams:

There is an article over at PBN that talks about the limit of players they can have on their Domestic Reserve List. How the guy explains it is kind of over this old fart's head but the gist of it is that most of the players who are on the DSL rosters are exempt from this list of 190 players. With 2 teams in the DSL that means that a lot of the Bucs young prospects are not eligible for DRL.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Former Buc Elias Diaz has signed a 3 year contract with the Rockies for 14.5 dollars. Seems like an overpay for someone who didn’t do much while with the Pirates. In my opinion Stallings is worth at least that, and probably a little more.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

363A3B6069606865627D67500 wrote: Former Buc Elias Diaz has signed a 3 year contract with the Rockies for 14.5 dollars. Seems like an overpay for someone who didn’t do much while with the Pirates. In my opinion Stallings is worth at least that, and probably a little more.
Stallings is now arb eligible. He'll be 32 next year and Henry Davis is in the system. So it's unlikely the Pirates would offer more than a 2 year deal unless it was front loaded assuming Davis would be the starter after that. The Pirates don't offer generous contracts so Stallings could take a 1 year deal from arbitration or could seek a team friendly multi-year extension.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Someone tells me that we have a guy who's worth more than what some other guy's worth.

Forget whether that's true.  (Note:  Probably IS.)

MY first thought?  Enjoy the guy while he's HERE.  (He's getting DUMPED!)  [written with partial humor intent.]