Lumber Company no more

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Lumber Company no more

Post by JollyRoger »

Wow

Looking at this team’s stats, there are only 3 players hitting above .200 that have 10 or more at bats (Evans, Moran, Osuna)

Check out the rest:

Bell .160

Stallings .125

Frazier .115

Gonzales .111

Heredia .100

Reynolds .091

Dyson .063

Newman .056

Polanco .000

You have a better chance seeing more offense in a Soccer game then you will see with the current Pirates
IABucFan

Lumber Company no more

Post by IABucFan »

Why I said...17-43 tops. Probably more like 12-48. This team would be historically bad if they played 162.
GreenWeenie

Lumber Company no more

Post by GreenWeenie »

64414242577C41494B5C2E0 wrote: Wow

Looking at this team’s stats, there are only 3 players hitting above .200 that have 10 or more at bats (Evans, Moran, Osuna)

Check out the rest:

Bell .160

Stallings .125

Frazier .115

Gonzales .111

Heredia .100

Reynolds .091

Dyson .063

Newman .056

Polanco .000

You have a better chance seeing more offense in a Soccer game then you will see with the current Pirates

Maybe Ben can get off his hind end and talk with Doc's Aunt Edna. She can do better than that.

You have a better chance of being struck dead by lightning than living long enough to see BOB pay Lumber Company wages. 

Not for one milisecond do I think that BOB would pay to keep guys like Clemente, Parker, Stargell, Easler, Madlock, etc. etc. etc. in today's wages.

That ship sailed long, long ago.

Competive- as in, championship level- baseball in The Burgh has gone the way of the fountain pen.  It's a Microsoft Word world, and BOB ain't in it.

Patty Cake hitters making league minimum.  Baker's men make bank.

Ecbucs

Lumber Company no more

Post by Ecbucs »

I guess Ben C. is close to completing his evaluation of what he has with this team.

He's got nothing.
GreenWeenie

Lumber Company no more

Post by GreenWeenie »

So far, anyway, he IS nothing. Probably because BOB won't give him anything.
johnfluharty

Lumber Company no more

Post by johnfluharty »

Feather Company
GreenWeenie

Lumber Company no more

Post by GreenWeenie »

That's as sad as it is funny.

Those of us "of a certain age" who grew up during that era were spoiled. Possibly writing only for myself, I think this is why I'm as mad as I've been for the past xx (seems like xxx) years.

This isn't baseball. Even it it is, it isn't PIRATES baseball. OK. It's not the kind of Pirates baseball I grew up with.

BOB must go.
JollyRoger

Lumber Company no more

Post by JollyRoger »

132631313A0331313A3D31540 wrote: That's as sad as it is funny.

Those of us "of a certain age" who grew up during that era were spoiled.  Possibly writing only for myself, I think this is why I'm as mad as I've been for the past xx (seems like xxx) years.

This isn't baseball.  Even it it is, it isn't PIRATES baseball.  OK.  It's not the kind of Pirates baseball I grew up with.

BOB must go.
GW. I’m with you. I have been a critic of Nut Job since he acquired a majority interest in the team. McClatchy at least tried to win. He also was very visible and was accessible to the fans . He just did not have the financial capital to be successful. Nut Job has plenty of financial resources. Not to mention that the Pirates have increased in value from $92M to over $1.2 Billion. But Nut Job is a Scrooge and a coward who will not come down from his ivory tower to answer for the pitiful team he has bestowed upon the good fans of Pittsburgh. I’m afraid that we will not see any more statues erected at PNC because no impact star player will ever be signed to be a career Pirate. He will not invest in his own players and no free agent worth his salt would consider signing here.

Enjoy the memory of those great Pirate teams of the 70’s GW.

Unless something miraculous happens to remove the Nutting ownership and we get a Mark Cuban type owner; those days will never come again
GreenWeenie

Lumber Company no more

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm OK with the franchise increasing in value. BOB invested to buy the club when others had the chance and decided not to. That's the one area where I have to commend him. He put money up.

I'm also OK that he's not easily accessible I'm happier when I don't hear him or read what he says. Let winning do the talking. Sure, McClatchy was approachable. But, the Galbraiths were as blue blood as blue blood gets. We rarely heard from them, and when we did, it was important enough to listen to. I liked the Galbraith family when we won.

For me, the issue is that BOB cannot and should not be trusted. Those who trust in him and believe him do so at their own risk. (That, of course, is only my opinion.)

I don't care much about any of that, provided the club wins the world series.