The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

193439282F3E29696A5B0 wrote: The Royals signed former Buc Jarrod Dyson.
I guess there still "wasn't much out there" for poor Jarrod.

he waited as long as he could for the Bucs to make an offer. :)

This, to me, is a sign of hope. A year ago, BC signed the guy.  Now, he wants no part of him.  I'm going to choose to believe that's a sign of improvement.
Or maybe after signing him last year, BC now knows that if there's one MLB player on the scrap heap who he would not consider signing it's Dyson.

Which is an improvement from Huntington. He had no shame when it came to signing players off the scrap heap. There's no question the Pirates are in much better hands now.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

045244505F45555E534476515B575F5A1855360 wrote: The Royals signed former Buc Jarrod Dyson.

This, to me, is a sign of hope. A year ago, BC signed the guy.  Now, he wants no part of him.  I'm going to choose to believe that's a sign of improvement.
Or maybe after signing him last year, BC now knows that if there's one MLB player on the scrap heap who he would not consider signing it's Dyson.

Which is an improvement from Huntington.  He had no shame when it came to signing players off the scrap heap.  There's no question the Pirates are in much better hands now.

did you cc Shedman on that?
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7846434B5840404B6B4E594A1D2F0 wrote: The Royals signed former Buc Jarrod Dyson.

Which is an improvement from Huntington.  He had no shame when it came to signing players off the scrap heap.  There's no question the Pirates are in much better hands now.

did you cc Shedman on that?

No. I didn't want to be directly responsible for the ensuing myocardial infarction.
shedman

The Departed

Post by shedman »

Josh Bell went 1-for-3 with a home run and two RBI on Wednesday vs the Astros.

Bell now has five home runs on the spring and is 15-for-39 (.385) with 12 RBI and a 1.354 OPS in Grapefruit League play.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

716A67666F636C020 wrote: Josh Bell went 1-for-3 with a home run and two RBI on Wednesday vs the Astros.

Bell now has five home runs on the spring and is 15-for-39 (.385) with 12 RBI and a 1.354 OPS in Grapefruit League play.

Who cares!
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

4F6E664F646C0B0 wrote: Josh Bell went 1-for-3 with a home run and two RBI on Wednesday vs the Astros.

Who cares!

Bell is similar to Polanco with both very hot and very cold streaks. He seems to be wasting one of his hot streaks on games that don't count.
BenM

The Departed

Post by BenM »

Former No. 1 MLB draft pick Mark Appel heads to minor league camp with Philadelphia Phillies in pursuit of a comeback

Once deemed the biggest bust in draft history, former No. 1 overall pick Mark Appel is heading to minor league camp with the Philadelphia Phillies, ready to embark on a comeback after last pitching in a game in 2017.

Appel, 29, talked with reporters on Monday from a Florida hotel room, where he waits in quarantine until camp opens later this week. Not counting active minor leaguers, Appel is one of three No. 1 selections who never reached the majors, the others being Steve Chilcott and Brien Taylor. He's ready to chase that dream once again.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

From just a batting standpoint from spring training stats this year, this team would be a downright juggernaut from their OPS:

1B Josh Bell 1.328

2B Josh Harrison 1.127

SS Kevin Newman 1.429

3B Ke'Bryan Hayes 1.208

C Joe Hudson 1.077

LF Starling Marte .977

CF Andrew McCutchen .866

RF Austin Meadows .810

I hope to remember to come back to this thread and page at the end of the season. Of course, Joe Hudson didn't make the big team, so we'll just see how his season pans out overall.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Appears that Tony Wolters is going to sign a contract with the Cubs.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

636F6E353C353D30372832050 wrote: Appears that Tony Wolters is going to sign a contract with the Cubs.
Is it because our catching is so good?