The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave »

More on the above blockbuster deal. the prospects are Brennan Malone, a pitcher and Liover Peguero a 19 year old Shortstop. He iwas considered Arizona's 11th best prospect.I am so excited, that I can hardly control myself.
WildwoodDave

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave »

I am sure that Shedman can't wait to add this to his Off Season listing
WildwoodDave

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave »

As I said yesterday, Josh Bell will absolutely get nothing to hit now that Marte is gone. In today's Post Gazette, the possibility of Bell getting traded was mentioned and will continue to be mentioned. Nutting, agonizing over the fact that he has to pay two GMs, two managers,(not sure about two Presidents) surely will be drooling over the possibility 0f unloading Bell.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

427C7971627A7A7151746370150 wrote: As I said yesterday, Josh Bell will absolutely get nothing to hit now that Marte is gone. In today's Post Gazette, the possibility of Bell getting traded was mentioned and will continue to be mentioned. Nutting, agonizing over the fact that he has to pay two GMs, two managers,(not sure about two Presidents) surely will be drooling over the possibility of unloading Bell.
Marte always batted ahead of Bell so I doubt it will make much difference in the pitches Bell sees. The problem was in trying to find someone to bat behind Bell to protect him. That was usually done by Moran or Cabrera. There still doesn't seem to be an answer to that problem. I guess it's pretty impressive that Bell did as well as he did with opposing pitchers not worrying about who was batting next.
WildwoodDave

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave »

Bell was very impressive the first half of the season- After the All Star break if you recall, his production took a nose dive.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

Hey guys, lets keep this thread to announcements about items that departed Buccos are involved in. If you want to discuss that move and how it affects the Bucs start a thread in the Forum and not this thread. By doing this it keeps the Departed thread on theme and not way disjointed when we want to go back and see what we all said about a particular deal. Thanks guys.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Sean Rodriguez has officially signed a minor league contract with the Marlins.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Reese McGuire was arrested over this past weekend.

Details from MLBTRs

Reese McGuire Arrested for Exposing Himself
BenM

The Departed

Post by BenM »

343839626B626A67607F65520 wrote: Reese McGuire was arrested over this past weekend.

Details from MLBTRs

Reese McGuire Arrested for Exposing Himself

Definitely not the kind of news I was expecting when I first read his name. :(
SammyKhalifa

The Departed

Post by SammyKhalifa »

McClatchy Newspapers declare bankruptcy