I’ve got a terrible feeling...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Tintin

Post by Tintin »

That this team peaked on Saturday with Tucker’s home run.

This team cannot score runs in its current form ,the bullpen and defense are suspect, the Dback are beating us in every facet, and we are getting ready to go to our personal house of horrors in LA.

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I don’t think so. Lots of bad luck yesterday. Not much going right today. I don’t think they peaked though. This coming from a guy who picked something like 65 wins on the year.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Mark Madden wrote today about attendance.  I think it is too early to think it is going to drop tremendously.

However, tonight's attendance of 8558 shows that season ticket sales are very low.

8858 was lowest last year on September 4 vs. Reds.

I don't think team has peaked yet either unless injuries continue. when regular outfield is back that should be a big boost.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

714C4B514C4B250 wrote: That this team peaked on Saturday with Tucker’s home run.

This team cannot score runs in its current form ,the bullpen and defense are suspect, the Dback are beating us in every facet, and we are getting ready to go to our personal house of horrors in LA.

Pirate  should try and sign T. Williams to a long term contract.  The guy is a pitcher and competitor who could be good for a very long time.  He's the guy I would want on the mound in a must win situation.  I agree it looks like a Arizona sweep and LA disaster.  The offense on this team is non extant and the coaching staff has no clue how to help the offense.  Most likely all down hill from now on.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I think they will be okay as well and be able to stay right at or a little over .500. This next stretch coming up starting Friday where the Pirates play 16 of their next 21 games on the road until May 19th I think that will go a long way to determining if this team is truly for real and can hang in this race come June and July. If they can win these final 2 games with Arizona and get to 14-9 overall and go something like even 12-9 or 11-10 in this 21 game stretch it will put them at either 26-18 or 25-19 after 44 games which is right where they were a year ago in mid May after 43-44 games.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7E43445E43442A0 wrote: That this team peaked on Saturday with Tucker’s home run.

Well I mean if you think they aren't going to keep winning at a .667 clip, then yeah probably.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Pirate pitching is 2nd best in the NL for fewest runs per game at 3.48. The NL average for scoring runs 4.56 per game. Unfortunately, Pirate hitters are 12th of the 15 NL teams in scoring runs. Ironically, rival pitchers are holding Pirate hitters to the same exact 3.48 runs per game that Pirate pitchers are yielding. Which makes every game a crap shoot where 1 mistake will likely cost the game.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6F424F5E59485F1F1C2D0 wrote: Pirate pitching is 2nd best in the NL for fewest runs per game at 3.48. The NL average for scoring runs 4.56 per game. Unfortunately, Pirate hitters are 12th of the 15 NL teams in scoring runs. Ironically, rival pitchers are holding Pirate hitters to the same exact 3.48 runs per game that Pirate pitchers are yielding. Which makes every game a crap shoot where 1 mistake will likely cost the game.   

that sounds a lot like the .500 team that most of us were expecting
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1F2D21213507242D20252A2D4C0 wrote: Pirate pitching is 2nd best in the NL for fewest runs per game at 3.48. The NL average for scoring runs 4.56 per game. Unfortunately, Pirate hitters are 12th of the 15 NL teams in scoring runs. Ironically, rival pitchers are holding Pirate hitters to the same exact 3.48 runs per game that Pirate pitchers are yielding. Which makes every game a crap shoot where 1 mistake will likely cost the game.   

that sounds a lot like the .500 team that most of us were expecting

Yes. But there's more chance of the pitching staying good than the hitting staying this bad. Dickerson and Marte are out. Cervelli and Kang have contributed very little. And before he was injured, Marte was hitting worse than Gonzalez. And Frazier should hit better than his current .264. But I suppose as things stand right now, considering absent players and slumps, we should expect to win about half the games.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I agree. You figure that we've been missing about four out of our top five outfielders for most of the season.