The Other Games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4C6A6D78717D6A7C741F0 wrote: If you didn't see it, you didn't miss much. Boras just used it as a platform for his own vision of the changes MLB should adopt, it's nothing new.

He does have an idea I've been a proponent of for a long time, and that is make the World Series  at one venue, rotating it like the super bowl.

I don't want to hear about the local fans being cheated. Most of them will say that only the well healed folks can afford to go. So if that's the case, what difference does it make?

Of course, my idea was in conjunction with the contraction of the marlins and Rays, and having the World Series in Miami.

He's for trading draft picks. I don't like that. His version of it was a veiled inference to paying over slot for a player, as he mentioned about the "structure" of the draft (meaning "slot").

Other than that, he's a zero. And so is Kevin Mitchell, my lawd is he a boring guest.

Oh, I've seen the KayRod Cast before, and it's still awful.
At your suggestion, I watched it. I agree with all you said. Also, did you see how he skirted around the salary cap issue? Naturally he doesn't want it.
Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

123433262F2334222A410 wrote: If you didn't see it, you didn't miss much. Boras just used it as a platform for his own vision of the changes MLB should adopt, it's nothing new.

He does have an idea I've been a proponent of for a long time, and that is make the World Series  at one venue, rotating it like the super bowl.

I don't want to hear about the local fans being cheated. Most of them will say that only the well healed folks can afford to go. So if that's the case, what difference does it make?

Of course, my idea was in conjunction with the contraction of the marlins and Rays, and having the World Series in Miami.

He's for trading draft picks. I don't like that. His version of it was a veiled inference to paying over slot for a player, as he mentioned about the "structure" of the draft (meaning "slot").

Other than that, he's a zero. And so is Kevin Mitchell, my lawd is he a boring guest.

I saw some of Boras. He's nothing but a slimy a-hole. He proposes that small market teams with high draft picks can trade them away for players with a year or 2 of control left just to go all-in on a drive for a championship in their brief window. And the team that always does well and doesn't get a high draft pick can get that pick.

That would free a Boras client from having to sign with a team like the Pirates and, in his scenario, the player traded for that draft pick wouldn't spend much time with them either. Sometimes I think Boras can't really be as disgusting as I imagine. But then I hear him speak and my impression is confirmed.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

153835242332256566570 wrote: If you didn't see it, you didn't miss much. Boras just used it as a platform for his own vision of the changes MLB should adopt, it's nothing new.

I saw some of Boras. He's nothing but a slimy a-hole. He proposes that small market teams with high draft picks can trade them away for players with a year or 2 of control left just to go all-in on a drive for a championship in their brief window. And the team that always does well and doesn't get a high draft pick can get that pick. 

That would free a Boras client from having to sign with a team like the Pirates and, in his scenario, the player traded for that draft pick wouldn't spend much time with them either. Sometimes I think Boras can't really be as disgusting as I imagine. But then I hear him speak and my impression is confirmed.
EXACTLY!
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

It appears all games are free to stream tonight on mlb tv. Blackout restrictions apply
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Going into today- ( 7-4) The braves and Rays are tied with most wins. 57

Marlins blowout Cards today. 15-2

Darn Reds win again. 8-4 over the Nationals

you will be happy to know doc that Jonathan

India when 3-6 with two home runs and 3 RBI's
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4A7471796A727279597C6B782F1D0 wrote: Going into today- ( 7-4) The braves and Rays are tied with most wins. 57

Marlins blowout Cards today. 15-2

Darn Reds win again. 8-4 over the Nationals

you will be happy to know doc that Jonathan

India when 3-6 with two home runs and 3 RBI's

So it’s not just the Pirates he’s an irritant to.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

The Cardinals looked rather Piratey last night. Bottom of the 9th, two on, Marlins down by a run, a tapper in front of the mound and the Cardinals pitcher airmails the throw down the right field line. Both runners score to end the game. What's going on with that team this year?
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2A7C6A7E716B7B707D6A587F75797174367B180 wrote: The Cardinals looked rather Piratey last night.  Bottom of the 9th, two on, Marlins down by a run, a tapper in front of the mound and the Cardinals pitcher airmails the throw down the right field line.  Both runners score to end the game.  What's going on with that team this year?
It seems they are trying to get their manager fired :D
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Reds just keep on winning! 48-39
Ecbucs

The Other Games

Post by Ecbucs »

724C4941524A4A416144534017250 wrote: Reds just keep on winning! 48-39

if the Reds can do it the Bucs can too (I think).