Adam Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ArnoldRothstein

Adam Frazier

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I don't consider Frazier the #2 piece they're marketing because they've already traded Bell, Musgrove and Taillon

I meant marketing as in selling tickets. They're woefully short of guys they can use in ads.
Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

0D3E222320281E2338243F382925224C0 wrote: I don't consider Frazier the #2 piece they're marketing because they've already traded Bell, Musgrove and Taillon

I meant marketing as in selling tickets. They're woefully short of guys they can use in ads.
OK, in that case I agree. :)
fjk090852-7

Adam Frazier

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It appears that the Bucs still have plans on trading Frazier because John Heyman has indicated he may be the next Pirate to leave. By moving him they would gain some roster space if they still intend to sign a pitcher or two and a fourth outfielder.
johnfluharty

Adam Frazier

Post by johnfluharty »

222E2F747D747C71766973440 wrote: It appears that the Bucs still have plans on trading Frazier because John Heyman has indicated he may be the next Pirate to leave. By moving him they would gain some roster space if they still intend to sign a pitcher or two and a fourth outfielder.

I'm all for trading Frazier if they can get a good prospect or two. I don't want to see him playing corner outfield and I'd rather see Tucker and Newman play infield full time so we know what we have especially with Tucker.
Tintin

Adam Frazier

Post by Tintin »

654845545342551516270 wrote: yeah, Kolton Wong has a 717 lifetime ops and made 10 million (before pro ration in 2020).

Frazier has been more consistent, probably cheaper has lifetime ops of 749.

Surprising to me as I would have guessed Wong had better offensive stats.

Take out Wong's numbers against the Pirates, and he’s pretty “meh.” But he kills the Bucs, so we all think he’s Robinson Cano.
Billy Hamilton was another. Has career highs vs Pirates in R, H, SBs, 2nd best in doubles and RBIs, 3rd best in BBs, and career .279 vs Bucs. OBP vs Pirates is .326. But he's a career .241 hitter with a career .296 OBP who can't keep a starting job because of his inability to hit.

I have a theory that the Pirates let Hamilton do so well on purpose to trick the Reds into thinking he was a good baseball player and playing him everyday.
Ecbucs

Adam Frazier

Post by Ecbucs »

4D70776D7077190 wrote: yeah, Kolton Wong has a 717 lifetime ops and made 10 million (before pro ration in 2020).

Take out Wong's numbers against the Pirates, and he’s pretty “meh.” But he kills the Bucs, so we all think he’s Robinson Cano.
Billy Hamilton was another. Has career highs vs Pirates in R, H, SBs, 2nd best in doubles and RBIs, 3rd best in BBs, and career .279 vs Bucs. OBP vs Pirates is .326. But he's a career .241 hitter with a career .296 OBP who can't keep a starting job because of his inability to hit.

I have a theory that the Pirates let Hamilton do so well on purpose to trick the Reds into thinking he was a good baseball player and playing him everyday.

its too bad several teams don't try and do that to the Bucs and Polanco.

Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

7D5B5A4D5B4B380 wrote: yeah, Kolton Wong has a 717 lifetime ops and made 10 million (before pro ration in 2020).

its too bad several teams don't try and do that to the Bucs and Polanco.

Maybe they did try but it didn't take. :)
fjk090852-7

Adam Frazier

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Now that Wong has signed with the Brewers, I wonder if a trade of Frazier could soon happen. One team who I think could use a second baseman would be Oakland. I am not sure what players Oakland has to make a deal happen, but there are probably a couple prospects who the Pirates may have an interest.
DemDog

Adam Frazier

Post by DemDog »

2B27267D747D75787F607A4D0 wrote: Now that Wong has signed with the Brewers, I wonder if a trade of Frazier could soon happen. One team who I think could use a second baseman would be Oakland. I am not sure what players Oakland has to make a deal happen, but there are probably a couple prospects who the Pirates may have an interest.

The Pirates at this point have more depth in the MiLB than the A's. Nothing to get and develop if Frazier goes there.
SyrBucco

Adam Frazier

Post by SyrBucco »

In the old days, you didn't often trade within the division, but since St, Louis just lost their 2nd baseman (Wong), maybe they'd have some interest in Adam Frazier?

I want Julio Rodriguez, 23 years old, the Cards #15 prospect, and their second highest ranking catching prospect. Projects as a MLB backup, but in our system, he would be valuable. He would immediately become the Indy starter and our #3 catcher.