Adam Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BellevueBuc

Adam Frazier

Post by BellevueBuc »

Polanco played in the DWL yesterday, 0-4 with only one K. Improvement lol.
fjk090852-7

Adam Frazier

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am wondering if Frazier’s 2021 salary of $4.3 million could hinder the Pirates with their attempts to move him. Players like Kolton Wong are still on the free agent market so it might be difficult to trade Frazier until some of the free agent infielders come off the board.
Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

646869323B323A37302F35020 wrote: I am wondering if Frazier’s 2021 salary of $4.3 million could hinder the Pirates with their attempts  to move him. Players like Kolton Wong are still on the free agent market so it might be difficult to trade Frazier until some of the free agent infielders come off the board.
I think his salary is pretty reasonable. Frazier has become a good defensive player and excluding the crazy 2020 short season, he has been a steady .275ish hitter. And a team acquiring him now has 2 years of control. IMHO Frazier would be attractive to a lot of teams looking for a 2Bman.
Ecbucs

Adam Frazier

Post by Ecbucs »

yeah, Kolton Wong has a 717 lifetime ops and made 10 million (before pro ration in 2020).

Frazier has been more consistent, probably cheaper has lifetime ops of 749.

Surprising to me as I would have guessed Wong had better offensive stats.
IABucFan

Adam Frazier

Post by IABucFan »

4B6D6C7B6D7D0E0 wrote: yeah, Kolton Wong has a 717 lifetime ops and made 10 million (before pro ration in 2020).

Take out Wong's numbers against the Pirates, and he’s pretty “meh.” But he kills the Bucs, so we all think he’s Robinson Cano.
Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

626A695E486D4A452B0 wrote: yeah, Kolton Wong has a 717 lifetime ops and made 10 million (before pro ration in 2020).

Take out Wong's numbers against the Pirates, and he’s pretty “meh.” But he kills the Bucs, so we all think he’s Robinson Cano.
Billy Hamilton was another. Has career highs vs Pirates in R, H, SBs, 2nd best in doubles and RBIs, 3rd best in BBs, and career .279 vs Bucs. OBP vs Pirates is .326. But he's a career .241 hitter with a career .296 OBP who can't keep a starting job because of his inability to hit.
SyrBucco

Adam Frazier

Post by SyrBucco »

I think we better start planning for Adam Frazier to begin the year with our Pirates.So many of the FA middle infielders are signing now with the teams we saw as landing spots for Frazier.

He's probably worth more to us than he is to anyone else. I'm wondering if management plans to use him in LF and move Brian Reynolds to CF.

Kevin Newman may be tastier trade bait than Frazier. We should find out who's interested.
ArnoldRothstein

Adam Frazier

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

4D676C5C6B7D7D711E0 wrote: I think we better start planning for Adam Frazier to begin the year with our Pirates.So many of the FA middle infielders are signing now with the teams we saw as landing spots for Frazier.

He's probably worth more to us than he is to anyone else. I'm wondering if management plans to use him in LF and move Brian Reynolds to CF.

One thing is they might put some marketing value on him. They don't want Hayes to draw all the attention, and if they're going to market themselves as scrappy underdogs then Frazier's probably the best vehicle for that.
NJBucsFan

Adam Frazier

Post by NJBucsFan »

40736F6E6D65536E7569727564686F010 wrote: I think we better start planning for Adam Frazier to begin the year with our Pirates.So many of the FA middle infielders are signing now with the teams we saw as landing spots for Frazier.

One thing is they might put some marketing value on him.  They don't want Hayes to draw all the attention, and if they're going to market themselves as scrappy underdogs  then Frazier's probably the best vehicle for that.

I really like Adam Frazier, but if he's the number two piece you're marketing, you're in trouble. I think they'd be better off going the "washed up veteran that you've heard of" route.
Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

62666E594F5F6A4D422C0 wrote: I think we better start planning for Adam Frazier to begin the year with our Pirates.So many of the FA middle infielders are signing now with the teams we saw as landing spots for Frazier.

One thing is they might put some marketing value on him.  They don't want Hayes to draw all the attention, and if they're going to market themselves as scrappy underdogs  then Frazier's probably the best vehicle for that.

I really like Adam Frazier, but if he's the number two piece you're marketing, you're in trouble. I think they'd be better off going the "washed up veteran that you've heard of" route.
I don't consider Frazier the #2 piece they're marketing because they've already traded Bell, Musgrove and Taillon. So at best he's #4. They aren't going to deal Hayes or Reynolds so I suppose Frazier has the most trade value of any of the remaining position players. Frazier is a scrappy .270ish hitter and good fielder. I doubt any other GM wants Polanco at 11 million and Moran is 1-dimentional. So I guess by default Frazier has moved up in the marketing pecking order.