Official Game Thread - 5/14 - Bucs vs Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

4A676A7B7C6D7A3A39080 wrote: Maybe Shelton wouldn't be burning through his BP if he hadn't pulled Yajure after 5 innings, 57 pitches of 1-hit shutout pitching.  We're now up to the rule 5 guy as the 5th reliever.
Maybe he thought it was little league, and everyone has to play
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

In these extra inning games that pretend to be baseball, I would think the visiting team, having not scored in the top of the inning, would be best served to walk the first batter to set up a double play possibility. The walked batter's run doesn't matter so who cares if he reaches base. It sets up a chance to get two outs and get out of the inning easier.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

flare to right, and Giants take the lead

it's so unfair it seems, but it's the difference between putting wood on the ball, and striking out. You're not going to have any chance if the ball isn't put into play
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

0C5A4C58574D5D565B4C7E59535F5752105D3E0 wrote: In these extra inning games that pretend to be baseball, I would think the visiting team, having not scored in the top of the inning, would be best served to walk the first batter to set up a double play possibility.  The walked batter's run doesn't matter so who cares if he reaches base.  It sets up a chance to get two outs and get out of the inning easier.
I think that's what teams have started doing.

And once again, Shelton has managed the team where he PH for the pitcher, that PH makes the third out, but doesn't go into the game. So because you can't "re-enter" the game, that means Perez is going to be the ghost runner. This is the second time it's happened now
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

now a walk

need a DP badly right here
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Will Craig has made some outstanding plays so far at first these two nights.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0D2B2C39303C2B3D355E0 wrote: In these extra inning games that pretend to be baseball, I would think the visiting team, having not scored in the top of the inning, would be best served to walk the first batter to set up a double play possibility.  The walked batter's run doesn't matter so who cares if he reaches base.  It sets up a chance to get two outs and get out of the inning easier.
I think that's what teams have started doing.

And once again, Shelton has managed the team where he PH for the pitcher, that PH makes the third out, but doesn't go into the game. So because you can't "re-enter" the game, that means Perez is going to be the ghost runner. This is the second time it's happened now
And it wouldn't hurt to have a fresh catcher after Perez caught 10 and the possibility of several more innings to play.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Why didn't Shelton bring in Shreve to face Yaz?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

okay, only need one

If the top of our lineup can't score a guy from second with no outs, we deserve to lose
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I forgot....we have lead footed Perez...it's going to take a gapper, otherwise I'm worried one of the guys will get a hit, and he gets thrown out at home