6 IP

2 Hits

1 Run

13 K’s

3 BB

BenM

Rocker vs Leiter as it now stands.

Post by BenM »

Keith Law released his draft board on the Athletic and he has Rocker and Leiter going fourth and fifth.

1. Henry Davis, C, Louisville

2. Jordan Lawlar, SS, Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas

3. Marcelo Mayer, SS, Eastlake HS (Chula Vista, CA)

Not a scout. I have no idea if he's right or wrong, but this class looks deep.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7D5A51723F0 wrote: Keith Law released his draft board on the Athletic and he has Rocker and Leiter going fourth and fifth.

The draft board has been in constant flux. I wish there was one guy that was head and shoulders above the next guy.

Davis has seen the most significant rise. Started the year top 10. A position of need, a premium position, AND the best prospect would be a best case for the Pirates. If he is truly elite, how do you pass on a catcher?

Louisville also produced catcher and 1st round selection Will Smith of the Dodgers. Davis works an elite staff in an elite league.

Good article from last year: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lookou ... enry-davis
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

515640484651161A63444E424A4F0D404C4E230 wrote:

The draft board has been in constant flux.  I wish there was one guy that was head and shoulders above the next guy. 

Yeah, I hate that there is so much discussion on the top. I know baseball is baseball and hockey is hockey, but it would be nice if there was one Lemieux/etc in the draft.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

7D4F43435765464F4247484F2E0 wrote:

The draft board has been in constant flux.  I wish there was one guy that was head and shoulders above the next guy. 

Yeah, I hate that there is so much discussion on the top.  I know baseball is baseball and hockey is hockey, but it would be nice if there was one Lemieux/etc in the draft.

Write it in the contract must be called up and on ML roster within 2 years. Pretty simple.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

2A0F0C0C19320F070512600 wrote: Rocker tonight against Ole Miss:

8 innings, 8K’s 1BB. 3 earned runs on 4 hits

Gave up 2 HR
Rocker looks like another Mike Fleiz. Big strong but throws a very hittable fastball.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

282F39313F286F631A3D373B3336743935375A0 wrote: Keith Law released his draft board on the Athletic and he has Rocker and Leiter going fourth and fifth.

Davis has seen the most significant rise.  Started the year top 10.  A position of need, a premium position, AND the best prospect would be a best case for the Pirates.  If he is truly elite, how do you pass on a catcher?

Louisville also produced catcher and 1st round selection Will Smith of the Dodgers.  Davis works an elite staff in an elite league. 

Good article from last year: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lookou ... enry-davis

This is why you can't tank to secure that #1 pick. It's very debatable as to who that pick should even be and any of the top 5 could turn out to be the gem of the draft.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I think BC's picks are going to be with the thought of that person hitting their prime for a couple of years before they have to be shipped out, coinciding with when he feels the team should be division title competitive.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6E484F5A535F485E563D0 wrote: I think BC's picks are going to be with the thought of that person hitting their prime for a couple of years before they have to be shipped out, coinciding with when he feels the team should be division title competitive.
I agree. And pitchers are the least likely to hit their prime quickly.