attendance

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

attendance

Post by DemDog »

46636060755E636B697E0C0 wrote: 9560 saw the win against the Reds tonight.
That is pathetic and a total embarrassment considering it was Clemente Day.

Agreed. I did not even know until it was too late that it was Clemente Day. Little or no publicity in the Burgh about it. How nice it would have been if the Bucs could have all worn 21 for the game. If not that have his wife or son(s) in attendance and have a nice pre-game ceremony or instead of the pierogi race and the other fan based between innings crap play Clemente highlights on the scoreboard in their place. Yep, they missed the boat on that one for sure.
fjk090852-7

attendance

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6B4A426B40482F0 wrote: 9560 saw the win against the Reds tonight.
That is pathetic and a total embarrassment considering it was Clemente Day.

Agreed.  I did not even know until it was too late that it was Clemente Day.  Little or no publicity in the Burgh about it.  How nice it would have been if the Bucs could have all worn 21 for the game.  If not that have his wife or son(s) in attendance and have a nice pre-game ceremony or instead of the pierogi race and the other fan based between innings crap play Clemente highlights on the scoreboard in their place.  Yep, they missed the boat on that one for sure.

Roberto’s wife and sons were in attendance at the game. ATT Network showed several photos of them, including one which they took prior to the game at the Clemente Statue outside PNC Park. They also showed photos of the Clemente Museum in Pittsburgh. One of these days I will have to visit that place.
rucker59@gmail.com

attendance

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

On Labor Day I had quests from SF Bay Area.  Moving to Pittsburgh to work for Google (could have chosen any of the google towns including the Bay and Valley areas and Boston). Needless to say - attendance was embarrassing. 

I talked about how just a couple years before, the place was sold out.  Told them about the owner and his mouth-piece-GM giving Pirate fans the finger while owner’s wealth quadruples over a 5 year period. I told them how Pirate fans are returning the salute.

My quests had the fans back - “your owner doesn’t deserve a team.”   
Ecbucs

attendance

Post by Ecbucs »

19,515 last night competing against high school football.

season average is 19,032 for total of 1,351,315 with ten games left.

Several good promotions on tap so I can see them getting over 1.5 million but falling short of 1.6 million.

Also, no way that Oakland, Tampa or Miami will catch them.
mouse

attendance

Post by mouse »

I'm surprised, though. That's a lot better than the 9,000 showing on Clemente Day game.
Ecbucs

attendance

Post by Ecbucs »

just a comparison, the Cards attendance for a Wednesday afternoon game vs. the Bucs was over 39,000.

maher.timothy20@gm

attendance

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

5D7B7A6D7B6B180 wrote: just a comparison, the Cards attendance for a Wednesday afternoon game vs. the Bucs was over 39,000.

I didn't see much of today's game, but I was surprised the Cardinals had so many empty seats the last two nights. They're a playoff team, even if they're last in line at the moment.
DemDog

attendance

Post by DemDog »

4F69687F69790A0 wrote: just a comparison, the Cards attendance for a Wednesday afternoon game vs. the Bucs was over 39,000.

Can you imagine "Cy" Tallion pitching at PNC Park with that many people or should I say a full house? A perfect game no-hitter with 90 pitches.
Ecbucs

attendance

Post by Ecbucs »

323E373A2D712B3632302B37266D6F1F38325F0 wrote: just a comparison, the Cards attendance for a Wednesday afternoon game vs. the Bucs was over 39,000.

I didn't see much of today's game, but I was surprised the Cardinals had so many empty seats the last two nights. They're a playoff team, even if they're last in line at the moment.

they might have had a lot of no shows, announced attendance for Tuesday was over 37,000. The Cards are third in attendance this season averaging over 41,000 per game. Only trail Dodgers and Yankees.
Ecbucs

attendance

Post by Ecbucs »

On 9/17 10,316 watched the Pirates beat the Royals.

Attendance for year is now

1,377,741 with the average at 18,873

The A's have passed the Bucs.