The Other Games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

5E56556274517679170 wrote: I have to share something with you all. Recently, my dad was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. I share this blog post about the Padres/D-Backs game on Sunday, if you're so inclined. If you could spare a prayer for him, we'd be most appreciative!

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jeff ... aa782afbc8
Thank you for sharing a precious moment in your life. Prayers to your dad and your entire family.
IABucFan

The Other Games

Post by IABucFan »

Thank you!
DemDog

The Other Games

Post by DemDog »

The Possum family is lifting your dad and his family in these final days. May the Lord bless you all, and keep you all, and make his face shine upon you all, and be gracious to you all, and turn his face toward you all and give you all peace. - Numbers 6:24-26
rucker59@gmail.com

The Other Games

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

IA (Fr IA!)

This is the first time I’ve logged on to OBN in a very long time, but I thank God that I checked in today and even opened a thread that I had no interest in:

Man what a great post.  It is a privilege to read it, and to learn a bit (but that “bit” is so significant) about you, your dad and your family. 

Your faith in and love of God causes me to drop this note:

I love the way God and baseball intersect. The Eucharist linking you and your dad and God together vertically. Baseball, a simple part of God’s creation linking you and your dad together horizontally.

It seems that for you (like me and my family and so many others), baseball is so much more than wins and loses and payroll and large v small markets…..it’d about connection.  Time spent with loved ones, time developing relationships.  The game, as great as it is, is a conduit to relationship.  My son…our connection through the Pirates did two things: it created a great love for the Pirates even if they were losers most years, but more importantly, it created a intimacy between father and son that will last a lifetime.

In this world, there seems to be truly few things that point to “the good”, God Himself.  Silly perhaps, but in its simplicity baseball is “good”.  When father and son are more important than wins and loses, it is good.

I pray for your dad, and you, and your family.  How awesome it must have been to share the Eucharist with your dad.  And I pray for your ministry, may God give you the strength each day.

May the peace of God which passes all understanding keep your (and your families) heart and mind in the knowledge and love of God, and of God's Son, Jesus Christ our Savior: and the blessing of God Almighty, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, be among each of you, and remain with you always. Amen

(Anglican blessing, shared at the conclusion of each service).

rucker59@gmail.com

The Other Games

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

74555D745F57300 wrote: The Possum family is lifting your dad and his family in these final days.  May the Lord bless you all, and keep you all, and make his face shine upon you all, and be gracious to you all, and turn his face toward you all and give you all peace. - Numbers 6:24-26

Amen Possum. Gotta catch up.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

474F4C7B6D486F600E0 wrote: I have to share something with you all. Recently, my dad was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. I share this blog post about the Padres/D-Backs game on Sunday, if you're so inclined. If you could spare a prayer for him, we'd be most appreciative!

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jeff ... aa782afbc8
I am sure that many of us on this board have had fathers

that passed on. It is never easy. Posts like this bring back

special memories of our own. I thank you for that and rest assured he will be ion my prayers
bucs607179

The Other Games

Post by bucs607179 »

Tampa Bay has a plus 87 run difference. Kind of amazing. And I thought our hitters and pitchers were doing good.
DemDog

The Other Games

Post by DemDog »

Rockies beat the Brew Crew 3-2 with Elias Diaz who had a HR and an RBI double.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Pittsburgh's own, Mason Miller, throws seven shutout innings for the Athletics last night. He's off to an impressive start.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Again, all NL Central Teams lose