Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

attendance

Post by BenM »

674140574151220 wrote: Pirates have 14 home games left.  Current attendance is

Avg per game:  19,396

Still 26th in majors.

Pirates averaged 23,696 last year and total attendance was

so this year's attendance is going to be down over 300,000.

White Sox attendance is 1,225,778 avg per game of 19,152

If Bucs can beat out ChiSox for attendance this season I will count that as a small victory.

If that number holds up (and like Steady Freddy, I don't think it will go up) it will be the lowest attendance in the history of PNC Park.
DemDog

attendance

Post by DemDog »

My last game of the year is next Tuesday. Going to see the WV BlackBears finish out their season against the Auburn DoubleDays. In fact might even get tix for the last game of the season on Sept 3 vs the Mahoning Valley Scrappers.

What a way to have the baseball season go out. Watching the kids play their hearts out even though they have missed the playoffs and have one of the worst records in the NY-Penn League.

Yep! I'm done with the Bucs and will only casually follow them on radio and tv and the web a bit.
Ecbucs

attendance

Post by Ecbucs »

Attendance has fallen below White Sox and is now 27th in majors.

Oakland isn't that far behind (about 300 per game)

Current attendance is 1,322,240 for average of 19,162

12 home games left.
mouse

attendance

Post by mouse »

The stadium really looks empty on the in-game stadium shots. The real problem is this might well be a reason to cut payroll for next year, so instead of reinvesting the savings with the shift to cheaper players, they might decide they can't afford to.
Ecbucs

attendance

Post by Ecbucs »

25273D3B2D480 wrote: The stadium really looks empty on the in-game stadium shots. The real problem is this might well be a reason to cut payroll for next year, so instead of reinvesting the savings with the shift to cheaper players, they might decide they can't afford to.

yes, if the announced attendance is 9000 you can bet at least 10% didn't show up in good weather.  In bad weather even less.  Can't see good attendance on any days where Steelers are playing and Pitt, WVU and high school games will put a dent in attendance too.
maher.timothy20@gm

attendance

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Lance Lysowski's story in DK about last night's game was the first time I've seen a player explicitly address the empty stands:

“I’m really excited about next year,” Cervelli told DKPittsburghSports.com before leaving the clubhouse Tuesday night. “It’s really disappointing where we are right now. Sometimes I feel embarrassed because the stadium, no one comes. The guys are still playing hard and still playing baseball. For next year, this team is going to be different because the pitching is incredible. I hope I can be part of this for the next three, four years or whatever.”
Bobster21

attendance

Post by Bobster21 »

606C65687F23796460627965743F3D4D6A600D0 wrote: Lance Lysowski's story in DK about last night's game was the first time I've seen a player explicitly address the empty stands:

“I’m really excited about next year,” Cervelli told DKPittsburghSports.com before leaving the clubhouse Tuesday night. “It’s really disappointing where we are right now. Sometimes I feel embarrassed because the stadium, no one comes. The guys are still playing hard and still playing baseball. For next year, this team is going to be different because the pitching is incredible. I hope I can be part of this for the next three, four years or whatever.”
Cervelli's feelings are understandable. To the players, a sparse audience shows the fans feel the team is not relevant. That could seem embarrassing when compared to the audience in other parks they play in against teams in contention. I just hope he doesn't blame the fans and rather looks to TBMTIB as Freese did in ST to point out it is their responsibility to put a competitive team on the field and prioritize winning so that the fans will want to come out and watch.
DemDog

attendance

Post by DemDog »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: Lance Lysowski's story in DK about last night's game was the first time I've seen a player explicitly address the empty stands:

Cervelli's feelings are understandable. To the players, a sparse audience shows the fans feel the team is not relevant. That could seem embarrassing when compared to the audience in other parks they play in against teams in contention. I just hope he doesn't blame the fans and rather looks to TBMTIB as Freese did in ST to point out it is their responsibility to put a competitive team on the field and prioritize winning so that the fans will want to come out and watch.

I hope the vets around next year don't go through the motions of playing discouraged feeling there is not hope for them as a team. I've know many men and women who were working for a company that was just going through the motions as an employer and they did the same before moving on to greener pastures.
Ecbucs

attendance

Post by Ecbucs »

9560 saw the win against the Reds tonight.
JollyRoger

attendance

Post by JollyRoger »

5E78796E78681B0 wrote: 9560 saw the win against the Reds tonight.
That is pathetic and a total embarrassment considering it was Clemente Day.