Official Game Thread - 4/16 - Bucs vs Brewers 8:10 start

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Nice win to start this road trip. Once again another good start from JT Brubaker and the bullpen yet again does it’s job. Nice to see Polanco hit another home run. I still think once Hayes is ready which is hopefully soon here is what my lineup would like.

Frazier 2nd

Hayes 3rd

Reynolds CF

Moran 1st

Evans LF

Newman SS

Polanco RF

Stallings C

This is a pretty solid lineup i feel and one that can score you some runs.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Robbie flummoxes Adam Frasier with another round of Scintillating questions.

Runner up question of the night: “what causes these Pirates to run so hard?!”

AF - “it’s just the kind of guys we are.”

Question of the night: “okay, I’ve got to ask - the double play in the 8th inning, was it your intention to wear him out in a run down?!”

AF - “it was our intention to get him out.”
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

606771797760272B52757F737B7E3C717D7F120 wrote:

That's some master strategizing right there
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Take that, "front row Amy" (not sure she still goes to the games)

Very happy with the start of season. [smiley=beer.gif]
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

393E28202E397E720B2C262A2227652824264B0 wrote: Robbie flummoxes Adam Frasier with another round of Scintillating questions. 

Question of the night: “okay, I’ve got to ask - the double play in the 8th inning, was it your intention to wear him out in a run down?!”

Robbie reminds me of Ted Baxter on the old Mary Tyler Moore Show. Baxter had all the anchorman traits down to a tee but had no idea what he was even talking about. Robbie has all the broadcaster mannerisms down, especially the one where he pauses toward the end of a sentence for dramatic effect. But he seems clueless as to the game of baseball. It always appears that he thinks he's asking "pithy" questions when any baseball fan, as well as the player being asked, plainly sees how asinine the question is.

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

75535441484453454D260 wrote: Off to work I go.....LGB!
Well boys, we have emerged from the basement!!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

537E73626574632320110 wrote: Robbie flummoxes Adam Frasier with another round of Scintillating questions. 

Robbie reminds me of Ted Baxter on the old Mary Tyler Moore Show. Baxter had all the anchorman traits down to a tee but had no idea what he was even talking about. Robbie has all the broadcaster mannerisms down, especially the one where he pauses toward the end of a sentence for dramatic effect. But he seems clueless as to the game of baseball. It always appears that he thinks he's asking "pithy" questions when any baseball fan, as well as the player being asked, plainly sees how asinine the question is.

;D ;D ;D

Ted Baxter! That is funny!!

Watching Adam patiently follow Robbie’s questions, asked with the enthusiasm of a clueless kid, and Adam is like “are you serious....”

I’ve talked to Adam, at some length, and as nice as he can be. So I’m not sure if there was real irritation by freezer or if that is the way he interviews. I actually cringe for Robbie, I’m sure he’s a really nice guy, but Ted Baxter is right on.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

My all time favorite low point cringe inducing Ishkabibble moment was when he was doing the interview from the stands in Wrigley, and the ushers came over right in the middle of the interview and told him to sit down, he was blocking fan's views.

He clearly is related to someone in the upper levels, because there is no way he got that job on his own. I thought no one could top Paul Stiegerwald with the Penguins, but Ishkabibble has "Stiegy" beat by a mile
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

725453464F4354424A210 wrote: My all time favorite low point cringe inducing Ishkabibble moment was when he was doing the interview from the stands in Wrigley, and the ushers came over right in the middle of the interview and told him to sit down, he was blocking fan's views.

He clearly is related to someone in the upper levels, because there is no way he got that job on his own. I thought no one could top Paul Stiegerwald with the Penguins, but Ishkabibble has "Stiegy" beat by a mile

I remember a few years ago Mercer getting visibly annoyed with Robbie. The Pirates were doing terribly but won a game when Mercer had the winning hit. Robbie started asking him if he was going to be dancing in the clubhouse. Mercer rolled his eyes and said they can't be dancing about winning 1 game.