Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

8/19 Game Thread Cole goes Fishing...

Post by JollyRoger »

Cutch..... Unclutch! >:(
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The only way to forget about this game is to win these next two from the Marlins and make them leave town 2.5 games behind you with 3 games still in hand on them. So still a chance to salvage something from this weekend after this tough tough loss tonight.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cards win 4-3 Bucs 2 games back now. Hopefully we get this game back tomorrow and get some help from the Phillies the next two days as well.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This game was a killer. But if you can the next 2, taking 2 of 3 from the Marlins is fine.

But man we blew one tonight big-time.

Cole looks like a BP pitcher these days.

And Cutch still has his "bases loaded issue." Why I don't know, but the man does NOT come through with the bases loaded. And the Marlines knew it.

Gotta get these next 2. And of course right about the time you think the wheels are falling off the Cards, they win 5 straight road games. Of course they do.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I'm really sick of hearing about Cole's "stuff" (on the FAN mostly). Here's the only thing that matters: the Pirates have lost 8 (that's 8, EIGHT, VIII, 11111111, 4x2) of the last 10 games he's started.

If he's anything approaching an ace then that would be reversed and the Pirates would be comfortably in the #1 WC spot. As it stands, Locke gives us a better chance to win.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The Pirates are now 8-11 in games started by Cole. :(
SpeedyG

Post by SpeedyG »

If the Pirates do get to the Wild Card game...Taillon seems like the obvious choice to start at this point.
mouse

Post by mouse »

If you are wondering about Cole's performance this year, here's an interesting article from bucsdugout from today --

http://www.bucsdugout.com/2016/8/20/125 ... oon-splits

The Pirates are big on stats. I wonder what they make of this.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Bucs are 8-11 in Cole's starts.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I agree take the next two as I also mentioned last night and you can put last night's loss behind you. The odds are the Phillies are probably going to win at least one of the next two games either tonight or tomorrow from the Cardinals. So if the Pirates win the next two from the Fish you put them 2.5 back and stay within 1 game of the Cards with plenty of baseball still left to be played.