Bucs Invite Hunter Owen To Camp

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

696C6B6D656F766B6271777A030 wrote: LOL you pull it's string and it repeats one of four or five phrases.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That comment reminds me of Phineas T. Bluster from the original Howdy Doody Saturday morning tv show for kids from the mid-'50s. Watch this guy on YouTube: Phineas T. Bluster & Buffalo Bob Smith. By the way, Doc you remind me of Buffalo Bob! ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

66474F664D45220 wrote: LOL you pull it's string and it repeats one of four or five phrases.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  That comment reminds me of Phineas T. Bluster from the original Howdy Doody Saturday morning tv show for kids from the mid-'50s.  Watch this guy on YouTube:  Phineas T. Bluster & Buffalo Bob Smith.  By the way, Doc you remind me of Buffalo Bob!   ;D

I remind you of Buffalo Bob?!? You're nuts! I don't have that much hair.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

My sister was afraid of Clarabell the Clown (Bob Keeshan who later became Captain Kangaroo).
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

3B6D7B6F607A6A616C7B496E64686065276A090 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

I am expecting doc to get a call. 

Yeah, they'll call me.  To buy a season ticket plan.

Speaking of playing, I just got back from Ft. Myers last night where we played in a six game tournament.  In our last game, Hard Hittin' Mark Whitten played for the other team.  Well, I should say he batted for the other team.  He's the size of a house, now, and moves like a 95-year old grandmother.

Was that a Roy Hobbs tourney?

Yes.  Have you played with them?  We always play in the World Series in November.  This was our first time to play in February.

Only once at the 2010 World Series before I had health issues a few years later that ended my playing days. But it was fun. Glad I at least got to do it once. I'm surprised they didn't cancel it due to Covid. But glad you got to play.

Yeah, it's a fun time in November.  I go for two weeks (one playing in the 60s and the other in the 65s) and it never gets old.  I feel fortunate and really appreciate that I can still play.  Glad you got the chance, too.  It's like being a kid again.

I was surprised COVID didn't cancel last November.  It was touch and go all summer and fall but the state and county allowed the tournament to proceed.  I was really careful both weeks, staying out of the dugout, not going into any restaurants, pretty much staying to myself.  I think most guys did the same.  Took the same precautions last week, too.
Do they have something for Shedman? ;D

Yes.  It's a Complaining Tournament.  He's the defending champion.

Would he be considered a League Minimum player? :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

615F5A52415959527257405304360 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

I am expecting doc to get a call. 

Yeah, they'll call me.  To buy a season ticket plan.

Speaking of playing, I just got back from Ft. Myers last night where we played in a six game tournament.  In our last game, Hard Hittin' Mark Whitten played for the other team.  Well, I should say he batted for the other team.  He's the size of a house, now, and moves like a 95-year old grandmother.

Was that a Roy Hobbs tourney?

Yes.  Have you played with them?  We always play in the World Series in November.  This was our first time to play in February.

Only once at the 2010 World Series before I had health issues a few years later that ended my playing days. But it was fun. Glad I at least got to do it once. I'm surprised they didn't cancel it due to Covid. But glad you got to play.

Yeah, it's a fun time in November.  I go for two weeks (one playing in the 60s and the other in the 65s) and it never gets old.  I feel fortunate and really appreciate that I can still play.  Glad you got the chance, too.  It's like being a kid again.

I was surprised COVID didn't cancel last November.  It was touch and go all summer and fall but the state and county allowed the tournament to proceed.  I was really careful both weeks, staying out of the dugout, not going into any restaurants, pretty much staying to myself.  I think most guys did the same.  Took the same precautions last week, too.
Do they have something for Shedman? ;D

Yes.  It's a Complaining Tournament.  He's the defending champion.

Would he be considered a League Minimum player? :D

I don't know about that but, if he were an owner of a team in the tournament, he'd only have LMGs on his roster.
shedman

Post by shedman »

I sure wish you guys would stop talking about playing baseball in Florida. If Cherington reads this thread he will be down there trying to sign some 65 year olds for the Pirates. He knows that they would be more than willing to play for the league minimum.
2drfischer@gmail.c

766D606168646B050 wrote: I sure wish you guys would stop talking about playing baseball in Florida.  If Cherington reads this thread he will be down there trying to sign some 65 year olds for the Pirates.  He knows that they would be more than willing to play for the league minimum.

I pay to play now so, yeah, I'd take the league minimum.
shedman

Post by shedman »

6B3D2B3F302A3A313C2B193E34383035773A590 wrote: I sure wish you guys would stop talking about playing baseball in Florida.  If Cherington reads this thread he will be down there trying to sign some 65 year olds for the Pirates.  He knows that they would be more than willing to play for the league minimum.

_______

If you will pay to play, Cherington wants to meet you.
2drfischer@gmail.c

322924252C202F410 wrote: I sure wish you guys would stop talking about playing baseball in Florida.  If Cherington reads this thread he will be down there trying to sign some 65 year olds for the Pirates.  He knows that they would be more than willing to play for the league minimum.

_______

If you will pay to play, Cherington wants to meet you.

I could sit on a major league bench just as well as anyone else.