Drive to 95 (loses unfortunately)

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

My biggest concern/fear when they start unloading players between now and July 31 is that they are going to do a very Pirates thing ... they are going to emphasize quanity (and not quality) in the return.

This management team is much more comfortable, and seems perfectly content, to focus on quantity over quality.

My other fear, of course, is that the Pirates decide to give away prospects in order to entice other teams to take our veteran garbage.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

1F3D2E333035323D1E293F3F335C0 wrote: My biggest concern/fear when they start unloading players between now and July 31 is that they are going to do a very Pirates thing ... they are going to emphasize quanity (and not quality) in the return.

This management team is much more comfortable, and seems perfectly content, to focus on quantity over quality.

My other fear, of course, is that the Pirates decide to give away prospects in order to entice other teams to take our veteran garbage.
They take quantity of quality because it keeps the payroll lower. The bottom line is the only thing that matters. Winning doesn't matter in the least.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Listening to The Fan this morning while driving. Poni made the great argument that we can't trust anyone in the BMTIB any longer.

Think of what NH did when he first came here. He actually cleaned house and engineered the 20 plus years of losing. Now that he and the BMTIB did that they felt comfortable and Nutting was making money.

Now is the time for the fans to bitch and complain even if it means demonstrating outside before the games with signs etc for the ouster of Nutting. We did that once with McClatchy (Remember that game SyrBucco, you made local TV that day). Do something to let BMTIB and our fellow fans that we have had enough.

I have better things to do with my money besides giving it to an owner and GM that lies and cheats me out of that money. I can still see baseball in Washington, Pa (the Wild Things) and in Morgantown (The Black Bears) to fill my need for baseball.

This team needs to torn down to the foundation including ownership, team management, scouting, managing, coaching, entire philosophy of finding, recruiting (foreign players) signing their draft choices to name a few things.

If we want a successful team in Pittsburgh in the long run we need to stay away from the games. Make Nutting lose money and force him to sell the club and make millions in capital gains. Get an owner who would not be so miserly.

Can't wait til my next game. It will be in Morgantown later this month.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

526F717C73797250786F7E78791D0 wrote: Not sure I can get on board with that, it sounds like they should have just made symbolic moves.

But I do think that a case can be made that they should have been more willing to deal guys like Bell and Glasnow at the deadlines in those years to add a major piece for the playoffs.

at the time they would not have been symbolic moves though. They would likely would not have been sufficient because of Cutch, Liriano and Cole not matching previous seasons.

But they sure could have been better than Neise and Vogelsong.

Also, the Bucs should have had a better idea after the 2015 season on how likely it was for Taillon and Glasnow to contribute in 2016.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

242829727B727A77706F75420 wrote: I would like that they trade Marte, Freese, Harrison and Nova. They could dfa S Rod as well. I doubt that Hurdle’s job is in jeopardy since he has 3 and 1/2 years remaining on his contract. If they did remove him they could move him up to some front office gig. Huntington in my opinion is safe, and even if they would remove him probably Kyle Stark would become interim GM with the opportunity to prove he is a good replacement. So in other words same old same old.
I think my list is exactly like yours, I might add Mercer, if you could get a return. I would like to see them send Bell to Indy and have him play some outfield and his hitting must improve greatly or he won't be back. I think he has great potential but has not been coached to release that potential. He doesn't belong on 1st base, put Osuna there and let's see what happens.