Andrew McCutchen

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GermanTownship

Andrew McCutchen

Post by GermanTownship »

After last nights' game, his average is now .194, 12/64. Take away seven at bats and six hits, in which he had in one game, the average would be, .109. This is why they basically got nothing that currently can contribute to the team this season. Maybe Crick will produce. Then again, maybe not.
OrlandoMerced

Andrew McCutchen

Post by OrlandoMerced »

He's been a slow starter, 2016 was the aberration where he started slow, and never got going. He comes around, but it's not conducive to a strong start to the season when your #3 hitter is awful.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Andrew McCutchen

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Giants got a lot of praise in rebuilding with the aging veterans. They brought in older guys on a decline with higher contracts. They have two position players under the age of 30. I am sure the league is watching.
GermanTownship

Andrew McCutchen

Post by GermanTownship »

Dognot, The Giants did the same exact thing this year the Bucs did in the 80's, signing and bringing in over-the-hill veterans, Sixto Lescano, Steve Kemp, plus others. Remember how that went? I feel that most teams are, instead of paying out big guaranteed contracts, are going to be much more diligent. I am not defending the current ownership. How many more games would we have won with McCutchen, instead of Dickerson in the lineup? McCutchen is done!!
GermanTownship

Andrew McCutchen

Post by GermanTownship »

Sorry for the misspelling of your name, Dogknot3.
fjk090852-7

Andrew McCutchen

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is amazing how Andrew has struggled in April and May the past few seasons. I am sure he will get hot and his stats will be more McCutchen like, but he is now almost a half season offensive player. Not sure if he will get a big payday this offseason.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Andrew McCutchen

I was a little young to remember the plan or the business side of the teams in the 80's. The 80's were not a good decade for the Pirates.

The Pirates are rebuilding with 25 year olds, which is an odd plan. These guess are ready to hit their prime and then have young guys to fill in the holes in the next few years. I sure hope it works.

Praising the Giants for bringing in guys who were dumped like McCutchen, Longoria, and Jackson (free agent) was a weird praise. It looks like a one year run. So far, it is not going well. It is still early, they can turn it around.

DemDog

Andrew McCutchen

Post by DemDog »

0022352A262913283029342F2E37470 wrote: Sorry for the misspelling of your name, Dogknot3.

Not to worry about his name. Dog gets called many things on this site, quite a few are less than nice. But he has the thickest skin of any Pirate Fan I know so he can put up with your misspelling of his name here. Nice that you would apologize for sure.
SammyKhalifa

Andrew McCutchen

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4F6E664F646C0B0 wrote: Sorry for the misspelling of your name, Dogknot3.

Not to worry about his name.  Dog gets called many things on this site, quite a few are less than nice.  But he has the thickest skin of any Pirate Fan I know so he can put up with your misspelling of his name here.  Nice that you would apologize for sure.

I bet it's not even his real name anyhow :D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Andrew McCutchen

5B6965657143606964616E69080 wrote: Sorry for the misspelling of your name, Dogknot3.

Not to worry about his name.  Dog gets called many things on this site, quite a few are less than nice.  But he has the thickest skin of any Pirate Fan I know so he can put up with your misspelling of his name here.  Nice that you would apologize for sure.

I bet it's not even his real name anyhow   :D

Maiden name.