Bucs Invite Hunter Owen To Camp

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

072A27363120377774450 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

I am expecting doc to get a call. 

Yeah, they'll call me.  To buy a season ticket plan.

Speaking of playing, I just got back from Ft. Myers last night where we played in a six game tournament.  In our last game, Hard Hittin' Mark Whitten played for the other team.  Well, I should say he batted for the other team.  He's the size of a house, now, and moves like a 95-year old grandmother.

Was that a Roy Hobbs tourney?

Yes. Have you played with them? We always play in the World Series in November. This was our first time to play in February.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

643224303F25353E332416313B373F3A7835560 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

Speaking of playing, I just got back from Ft. Myers last night where we played in a six game tournament.  In our last game, Hard Hittin' Mark Whitten played for the other team.  Well, I should say he batted for the other team.  He's the size of a house, now, and moves like a 95-year old grandmother.

Yes.  Have you played with them?  We always play in the World Series in November.  This was our first time to play in February.

Only once at the 2010 World Series before I had health issues a few years later that ended my playing days. But it was fun. Glad I at least got to do it once. I'm surprised they didn't cancel it due to Covid. But glad you got to play.
2drfischer@gmail.c

0D202D3C3B2A3D7D7E4F0 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

Yes.  Have you played with them?  We always play in the World Series in November.  This was our first time to play in February.

Only once at the 2010 World Series before I had health issues a few years later that ended my playing days. But it was fun. Glad I at least got to do it once. I'm surprised they didn't cancel it due to Covid. But glad you got to play.

Yeah, it's a fun time in November. I go for two weeks (one playing in the 60s and the other in the 65s) and it never gets old. I feel fortunate and really appreciate that I can still play. Glad you got the chance, too. It's like being a kid again.

I was surprised COVID didn't cancel last November. It was touch and go all summer and fall but the state and county allowed the tournament to proceed. I was really careful both weeks, staying out of the dugout, not going into any restaurants, pretty much staying to myself. I think most guys did the same. Took the same precautions last week, too.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2F796F7B746E7E75786F5D7A707C7471337E1D0 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

Yeah, it's a fun time in November.  I go for two weeks (one playing in the 60s and the other in the 65s) and it never gets old.  I feel fortunate and really appreciate that I can still play.  Glad you got the chance, too.  It's like being a kid again.

I was surprised COVID didn't cancel last November.  It was touch and go all summer and fall but the state and county allowed the tournament to proceed.  I was really careful both weeks, staying out of the dugout, not going into any restaurants, pretty much staying to myself.  I think most guys did the same.  Took the same precautions last week, too.
Do they have something for Shedman? ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

457B7E76657D7D765673647720120 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

Yeah, it's a fun time in November.  I go for two weeks (one playing in the 60s and the other in the 65s) and it never gets old.  I feel fortunate and really appreciate that I can still play.  Glad you got the chance, too.  It's like being a kid again.

I was surprised COVID didn't cancel last November.  It was touch and go all summer and fall but the state and county allowed the tournament to proceed.  I was really careful both weeks, staying out of the dugout, not going into any restaurants, pretty much staying to myself.  I think most guys did the same.  Took the same precautions last week, too.

Yes. It's a Complaining Tournament. He's the defending champion.
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

4F656E5E697F7F731C0 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

That makes sense, fjk. Owen is an organizational player. Somebody has to play 3B at Indy and I don't think he has any competition.

Difo, and Kramer will be in the same mix as Owen for playing time with third being the only spot no one has locked down.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

065046525D47575C5146745359555D581A57340 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

Yes.  It's a Complaining Tournament.  He's the defending champion.

I bet they call the trophy "The Shedman Trophy" by now! 8-)
2drfischer@gmail.c

7C5D557C575F380 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

Yes.  It's a Complaining Tournament.  He's the defending champion.

I bet they call the trophy "The Shedman Trophy" by now! 8-)

And it talks. It says, "Blah, blah, blah, Cherington's a potted plant, blah, blah, blah, Cherington's on vacation, blah, blah, blah Cherington's a bum standing by the tracks."
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

LOL you pull it's string and it repeats one of four or five phrases.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6B6E696F676D746960737578010 wrote: LOL you pull it's string and it repeats one of four or five phrases.
That's better than the real Shedman which only has one phrase. Next time we'll know to buy the deluxe model.