Pirates vs Cardinals 7/17

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

iabucco

Post by iabucco »

It seems to me that the Pirates have been worse this year than in recent years about giving up runs immediately after scoring themselves. But then I realize that I get crankier the older I get so this is only anecdotal evidence.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7B73706771717D120 wrote: It seems to me that the Pirates have been worse this year than in recent years about giving up runs immediately after scoring themselves.  But then I realize that I get crankier the older I get so this is only anecdotal evidence. 
A month or so ago I researched that, going thru every game and noted Pirate pitchers were giving up runs at an alarming rate immediately after the Pirates had scored. Can't remember the thread. At that time, Archer was the biggest culprit.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

The pitching is dreadful in all situations. Wonder if that's just a rising tide thing.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The Pirate BP comes thru again. They're very consistent. >:(
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Liriano and Feliz combine to blow this game.

This bullpen is ****, has been **** and will be ****.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Why Michael Feliz there. I mean where is Rodriguez who has been really good recently, where is Crick or even Vazquez for that matter?? Just another terrible move by Hurdle that will yet again most likely costs the Pirates this game and a huge series win they really needed. I really don’t wanna hear Hurdle say guys were unavailable today after this game as a reason why he used Feliz there with the off day tomorrow and the All Star Break just last week.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

I agree 100% Freddy, total dumb move by Hurdle. Hell, put in Holmes.

Just awful.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

7B4658555A505B795146575150340 wrote:

This bullpen is ****, has been **** and will be ****.

This, maybe even more than the injuries and woes to the rotation, or the surprising play of the rookies, seems to be the story of the season.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

17302125203D02362120203D440 wrote: Why Michael Feliz there. I mean where is Rodriguez who has been really good recently, where is Crick or even Vazquez for that matter?? Just another terrible move by Hurdle that will yet again most likely costs the Pirates this game and a huge series win they really needed. I really don’t wanna hear Hurdle say guys were unavailable today after this game as a reason why he used Feliz there with the off day tomorrow and the All Star Break just last week.

???

Feliz hasn't (hadn't) given up an earned run since June 22.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

The bullpen as a hole sucks big time.

I’d like to know how many games has the BP blown from the 7th inning on.

Add this scary thought. How will the BP look after we trade Vazquez come July 31?