Shohei Ohtani

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Shohei Ohtani

Post by SCBucco »

604149604B43240 wrote: Well, because he'd be a free agent. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/11/ ... ani-4.html

Sammy, thanks for playing Google for Dog.  Hope he can use inane sense of a dog to figure out the answer to his original question.   ;)

Possum,

You got a chuckle out of me.
Bobster21

Shohei Ohtani

Post by Bobster21 »

Here's a photo of Shohei Ohtani and Will Ferrell on SNL. Oh wait, that was Cheri Oteri. Nevermind.

SammyKhalifa

Shohei Ohtani

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I wonder how much he worships Ichiro. Maybe he'll want to go to Seattle.
DemDog

Shohei Ohtani

Post by DemDog »

5C6E62627644676E6366696E0F0 wrote: I wonder how much he worships Ichiro.  Maybe he'll want to go to Seattle. 

Good thought. There is a large Asian community in Seattle according to my daughter who lives there.
Ecbucs

Shohei Ohtani

Post by Ecbucs »

44656D446F67000 wrote: I wonder how much he worships Ichiro.  Maybe he'll want to go to Seattle. 

Good thought.  There is a large Asian community in Seattle according to my daughter who lives there.

it is pretty easy and less time to travel to Japan from Seattle too.
steve49

Shohei Ohtani

Post by steve49 »

0B3935352113303934313E39580 wrote: now I would say that if the Pirates were ever to make a push for a "Big Name" it'd probably be him, just don't know what we have to offer that the other teams don't.  ;

I believe he's a pitcher first and hitter second and wants a chance to do some hitting. So highly likely he signs with an AL team.
SammyKhalifa

Shohei Ohtani

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7176677467363B020 wrote: now I would say that if the Pirates were ever to make a push for a "Big Name" it'd probably be him, just don't know what we have to offer that the other teams don't.  ;

I believe he's a pitcher first and hitter second and wants a chance to do some hitting. So highly likely he signs with an AL team.

Maybe he will be someone's ultimate bench piece.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Shohei Ohtani

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Money is not an issue. He wants to go where he will play both ways. He is leaning to the Dodgers right now and can only get a $300K bonus from them.

I would think an AL team would be all over him so he could DH. I am not sure if he wants to play the field, though.

I also don't know if he wants to start or be in the bullpen. That could matter and be part of his decision. If he is in the bullpen, how many at bats or starts in the field would he get? Or would he be a good fit to bring him in relief and not waste a player in the process since he is already in the game?

If the Dodgers get him, they might be dealing one of their young outfielders. This could be a cool ripple effect.
SammyKhalifa

Shohei Ohtani

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah. If I were moving to a whole new country to start a new job and a new life, I'd probably want to go somewhere where there were some people there that I can speak my own language, and maybe share some holidays with, etc. This isn't even anything against the Pirates but that place probably isn't Pittsburgh.
dmetz

Shohei Ohtani

Post by dmetz »

03222A032820470 wrote: I wonder how much he worships Ichiro.  Maybe he'll want to go to Seattle. 

Good thought.  There is a large Asian community in Seattle according to my daughter who lives there.

Was in Seattle this weekend I would guess 20% or more. Google says less than that but sure didn't seem like it