Bucs get Dickerson

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6C676F6366677C393F487169606767266B67080 wrote: And got rid of Hudson? 

Huntington, once again, brought in an asset and didn't give up much in return.  This is a good move on paper.

I would put Luplow in the minors for sure now. Yep totally agree it’s an excellent move. You add a left handed bat to a corner outfield position you desperately needed that can hit you 30 home runs. This move actually gives me some hope going into the season.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Gray was drafted in the 37th Round. He did ok at West Virginia A-. I never heard of him until today.
sdimmick3

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by sdimmick3 »

Just when I thought NH couldn't possibly be any dumber and get 30 LF'ers, He goes and does something like this... and totally redeems himself!
rucker59@gmail.com

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Yea!

SammyKhalifa

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by SammyKhalifa »

594E434747434941192A0 wrote: Just when I thought NH couldn't possibly be any dumber and get 30 LF'ers, He goes and does something like this... and totally redeems himself!

Yep, all of those guys that were fighting in a really crappy depressing starting position battle suddenly look pretty good as backup options.
BucAndEer

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by BucAndEer »

Do we know for sure that Dickerson is going to play the outfield? Given the organization's track record of playing guys out of position (Jaso, Osuna, etc.), I wouldn't put it past them to put him in the pen and make him Rivero's setup man.
SCBucco

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by SCBucco »

I'm not going to say this totally redeems himself, but pleasantly surprised that he reads this board and got the strong hint that this would be a smart move.

Getting rid of Hudson was a bonus. Watch him have an all-star year for Tampa.
CarolinaBucco

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I am stunned. I had basically given up.

Now I can actually start looking forward to the season with at least a little bit of optimism.
rucker59@gmail.com

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I’m very happy that the Pirates acquired CD, and I think Neal did it for astonishingly little. But l also think prospective is needed - he has plenty of questions. This is not a blockbuster type of deal obviously. But it is very smart and I’m thankful for a smart move.

Well done Neal!
SammyKhalifa

Bucs get Dickerson

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6F687E76786F28245D7A707C7471337E72701D0 wrote: I’m very happy that the Pirates acquired CD, and I think Neal did it for astonishingly little.  But l also think prospective is needed - he has plenty of questions.  This is not a blockbuster type of deal obviously.  But it is very smart and I’m thankful for a smart move.

Well done Neal!

Oh totally. You could really be that he doesn't work out. But even if he doesn't it's the right move.