Polanco Slumping

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

notes34

Polanco Slumping

Post by notes34 »

I haven't seen much of the game today just a little off and on as I was doing some things around the house. I did catch 2 of Polanco's AB's. His swing is awful again. Way too long. He just can't seem to consistently cut down on it. He will never ever be a consistent performer with that swing. I hope he can straighten it out but I just don't think its going to happen anytime soon. He is going to kill this offense.
skinnyhorse

Polanco Slumping

Post by skinnyhorse »

49485342541413270 wrote: I haven't seen much of the game today just a little off and on as I was doing some things around the house. I did catch 2 of Polanco's AB's. His swing is awful again. Way too long. He just can't seem to consistently cut down on it. He will never ever be a consistent performer with that swing. I hope he can straighten it out but I just don't think its going to happen anytime soon. He is going to kill this offense.

His defense is awful also he gets no brake on a easy play in 9th inning lets it drop in, just looks bad hope he gets straight soon.
PMike

Polanco Slumping

Post by PMike »

50484A4D4D5A4B4C515046230 wrote: I haven't seen much of the game today just a little off and on as I was doing some things around the house. I did catch 2 of Polanco's AB's. His swing is awful again. Way too long. He just can't seem to consistently cut down on it. He will never ever be a consistent performer with that swing. I hope he can straighten it out but I just don't think its going to happen anytime soon. He is going to kill this offense.

His defense is awful also he gets no brake on a easy play in 9th inning lets it drop in, just looks bad hope he gets straight soon.

He was hardly the only one who played crappy defense in the 9th....Cervelli, Mercer, Frazier...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Polanco Slumping

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5C416567690C0 wrote: I haven't seen much of the game today just a little off and on as I was doing some things around the house. I did catch 2 of Polanco's AB's. His swing is awful again. Way too long. He just can't seem to consistently cut down on it. He will never ever be a consistent performer with that swing. I hope he can straighten it out but I just don't think its going to happen anytime soon. He is going to kill this offense.

He was hardly the only one who played crappy defense in the 9th....Cervelli, Mercer, Frazier...

Mercer saved a run. Did you mean Freese?
fjk090852-7

Polanco Slumping

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I was surprised last night when Wehner said that Polanco was 4-25 when hitting with players in scoring position. Not very good at all. I feel that this is a very critical year for Polanco, if his season continues like it is going I would expect the Pirates will put him on the trading block. Guys like Meadows, Luplow or Orsuna could handle right field if Polanco was traded.
SammyKhalifa

Polanco Slumping

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I know I just spent half a thread "defending" him but I do think this is a tipping point season for him
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Polanco Slumping

1C2E22223604272E2326292E4F0 wrote: I know I just spent half a thread "defending" him but I do think this is a tipping point season for him

I agree and been saying that too. Especially, if they sign Dickerson. This is a big year for Polanco. I do think some team would take a flyer on him via trade. If not, he becomes a 4th outfielder. Meadows is ready to go.
SteadyFreddy

Polanco Slumping

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I think if Marte is activated this weekend for the Cards series unless Polanco turns it on big time the next few days I bench Polanco and play Meadows in right this weekend. I think a message at some point needs to be sent at some point and now is the perfect time to do so. Meadows so far has earned the right to receive more playing time.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Polanco Slumping

6D4A5B5F5A47784C5B5A5A473E0 wrote: I think if Marte is activated this weekend for the Cards series unless Polanco turns it on big time the next few days I bench Polanco and play Meadows in right this weekend. I think a message at some point needs to be sent at some point and now is the perfect time to do so. Meadows so far has earned the right to receive more playing time.

And send down Frazier or Osuna?
SteadyFreddy

Polanco Slumping

Post by SteadyFreddy »

2E252D2124253E7B7D0A332B2225256429254A0 wrote: I think if Marte is activated this weekend for the Cards series unless Polanco turns it on big time the next few days I bench Polanco and play Meadows in right this weekend. I think a message at some point needs to be sent at some point and now is the perfect time to do so. Meadows so far has earned the right to receive more playing time.

And send down Frazier or Osuna? 

Neither I expect Kontos to be DFA once Musgrove is activated on Friday to start. The guy I would send down is Kyle Crick. He has done well but he has options and the Pirates don’t need to carry that many relievers when they could use the position player help with a guy like Meadows. They have Felipe, Feliz, Rodriguez, Santana, Glasnow and Brault the bullpen will be fine if they send Crick down and keep Meadows up here. It makes the most sense.