Over - Under

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Over - Under

Post by mouse »

My thought is it's time for a Frugality Tax. Teams that go under a certain payroll limit have to pay a tax based on the degree to which they are below the average of the second half of all teams. Bigger violators pay more and repeat violators pay more still and possibly lose drafts picks.
fjk090852-7

Over - Under

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5D5F454355300 wrote: My thought is it's time for a Frugality Tax. Teams that go under a certain payroll limit have to pay a tax based on the degree to which they are below the average of the second half of all teams. Bigger violators pay more and repeat violators pay more still and possibly lose drafts picks.
Sounds fair to me. They need to set an amount so teams annually spend to that amount. If this was to happen teams could may be able to retain some of their better players rather than trading them before they reach free agency.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Over - Under

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

742234202F35252E233406212B272F2A6825460 wrote: It's hard to imagine the payroll being over $40 million.

i wonder how many games Dave Roberts would win if he managed the Bucs?

I'm at a loss.  Who's Dave Roberts?

Geez, I'm really out of baseball shape. I need to have a tutorial as to who's who before Spring Training starts. How embarrassing. To answer your question, he'd have won more than 19 last year, but not too many more.