7/31 vs Cubbies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

7/31 vs Cubbies

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

David Freese playing great baseball at a critical time. Drives in Polanco with a double. A huge two out walk and double.

Cervelli with a clutch single, but Happ throws a perfect strike to tag Freese. I don’t have a problem with sending him.

Tallion promptly gives up a lead off double. He has to shut this innng down.
rucker59@gmail.com

7/31 vs Cubbies

Happ at bat, 1out and man on 3rd. Gotta keep Baez on base...

WOW A line shot to JHay and Contraras lines out to Jamison!

4-3 Buccos going into bottom of 6th. Great great job by Tallion!
rucker59@gmail.com

7/31 vs Cubbies

GREGORY!

Huge ins run. 5-3.
JollyRoger

7/31 vs Cubbies

Post by JollyRoger »

3B3C2A222C3B7C70092E24282025672A2624490 wrote: David Freese playing great baseball at a critical time. Drives in Polanco with a double.  A huge two out walk and double.   

Cervelli with a clutch single, but Happ throws a perfect strike to tag Freese.  I don’t have a problem with sending him.

Tallion promptly gives up a lead off double.  He has to shut this innng down.   

Mr. Freese is derserving of a contract extension. Now that we know the Pirates are in it to win it; he becomes a key leader
maher.timothy20@gm

7/31 vs Cubbies

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Is Kela here yet?
JollyRoger

7/31 vs Cubbies

Post by JollyRoger »

Freese saves the day with a clutch tag!!!
DemDog

7/31 vs Cubbies

Post by DemDog »

Tallion pitches like an Ace. Does not let the 3 run inning get him down or out of focus. Shuts them down for 2 plus more innings which allows the hitters to pick him up and give him the lead before giving way to the BP. Only negative thing about the BP is they did not shut down the top of the Cubs order in the 9th! ;D

Great game guys.
SteadyFreddy

7/31 vs Cubbies

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Huge win what a great day for this team. The Bucs continue to fight and hang around in this race.
MaineBucs

7/31 vs Cubbies

Post by MaineBucs »

First --- Great win. Not just a good win, a great win!

It looked like Vasquez was in the process of losing a 2 run lead against a less than stellar pinch hitter and the Cubs number 9 hitter when instant reply works to erase a triple with no outs. What a miracle. If the Bucs somehow manage to make the play-offs, tonight may have been a difference maker.

With respect to Tallion, he generally pitched well, but Baez is treating him like a batting practice pitcher. Baez is now something like 9 out of 12 or 10 out of 13 against Tallion. James, you must do better. Baez is good, but he is not that good.

Lastly, good to see that I was such a good judge of talent with respect to Polanco. I recommended sending him to AAA. His HR in the 9th was a screamer. Gregory, thanks for demonstrating how little I know about baseball. May you continue to hit with wild abandon and great production.

Sure hope that Kingham is up to the task tonight. Go Bucs.
Bobster21

7/31 vs Cubbies

Post by Bobster21 »

7F535B5C5770475141320 wrote: First --- Great win.  Not just a good win, a great win!

It looked like Vasquez was in the process of losing a 2 run lead against a less than stellar pinch hitter and the Cubs number 9 hitter when instant reply works to erase a triple with no outs.  What a miracle.   If the Bucs somehow manage to make the play-offs, tonight may have been a difference maker. 

With respect to Tallion, he generally pitched well, but Baez is treating him like a batting practice pitcher.  Baez is now something like 9 out of 12 or 10 out of 13 against Tallion.   James, you must do better.   Baez is good, but he is not that good.

Lastly, good to see that I was such a good judge of talent with respect to Polanco.   I recommended sending him to AAA.  His HR in the 9th was a screamer.  Gregory, thanks for demonstrating how little I know about baseball.  May you continue to hit with wild abandon and great production.

Sure hope that Kingham is up to the task tonight.   Go Bucs.
Polanco is looking good. But I still believe they would have more wins if he had gone to AAA to refine his swing instead of doing it at the MLB level and being a dead weight in the lineup for 2 months. I'm glad he figured it out and became an asset. But that doesn't excuse letting him be such a negative factor in the lineup for so long for something that could have been done at AAA.