Post by Bobster21 »

I don't see any way he doesn't make it.
2drfischer@gmail.c

David Bednar

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

604546465378454D4F582A0 wrote: Bednar has been lights out this spring

No runs given up, 17K’s in 8 innings

Does he make the team?

If he doesn't make it then they're not trying to win. The objective this year has then been confirmed: losing more games than any other team in order to get the top draft pick again. My question is, how much different is that than what the Black Sox did?
WildwoodDave2

David Bednar

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7325332728322229243301262C20282D6F22410 wrote: Bednar has been lights out this spring

No runs given up, 17K’s in 8 innings

Does he make the team?

If he doesn't make it then they're not trying to win.  The objective this year has then been confirmed:  losing more games than any other team in order to get the top draft pick again.  My question is, how much different is that than what the Black Sox did?
MLB Morning lineup has him as the one player who has wowed everyone at Pirates Camp
Bobster21

David Bednar

Post by Bobster21 »

It's going to be tough getting down to 14 pitchers. Assuming 4 starters are Keller, Anderson, Brubaker and Kuhl, one of Cahill or Crowe also likely starts while the other relieves. That's 6.

If Shreve doesn't make it, it leaves Howard as the only LHP in a 9-man BP which seems foolish. So that could be 8 pitchers so far.

Oviedo is a rule 5 pick and Underwood is out of options. So that could be 10.

Rodriguez is the closer and Crick, Feliz and Stratton are the veterans. So that's already 14.

Hartlieb became very reliable last season and except for yesterday, has been very good in ST this year. Holmes has also been very good. And Bednar has been their best. That's 17.

My guess is that 3 out of Crowe, Holmes, Hartlieb and Feliz are on the hot seat.
steve49

David Bednar

Post by steve49 »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: I don't see any way he doesn't make it.

If he doesn't make it , someone needs their head examined. I'm guessing that barring injury , he will have the closer job before the year ends.
fjk090852-7

David Bednar

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5C5B4A594A1B162F0 wrote: I don't see any way he doesn't make it.

If he doesn't make it , someone needs their head examined. I'm guessing that barring injury , he will have the closer job before the year ends.
It is being reported that Bednar has made the team. It is a good chance he closes games later this year if he continues pitching like he has in ST.
Ecbucs

David Bednar

Post by Ecbucs »

perhaps Bednar can be nick named the Mars Hummer.
2drfischer@gmail.c

David Bednar

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

He's been outta this world so far.
SCBucco

David Bednar

Post by SCBucco »

JMO, Bednar will be our closer once RichRod is dealt.