7. Bryan Reynolds (S) CF

8. Kevin Newman (R) 2B

9. Jacob Stallings (R) C

bucs have to be very careful- They only have a one game lead

over Texas for the #1 pick.The Rangers are playing the First place A's
Bobster21

Game thread 9/12-Delayed start

Post by Bobster21 »

Since shifting became popular we've wondered why players didn't just take the easy hit by bunting or slapping the ball to a vacant 3B side. This season I've seen a lot of players take that easy single. My theory is that a lot of players throughout MLB don't take this mini-season as seriously as other years and are willing to try things they wouldn't try before. Many are seeing the benefit of adding a few hits to the BA and are likely to continue that practice in subsequent years. Maybe this will be the beginning of the end to overshifting.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: Since shifting became popular we've wondered why players didn't just take the easy hit by bunting or slapping the ball to a vacant 3B side. This season I've seen a lot of players take that easy single. My theory is that a lot of players throughout MLB don't take this mini-season as seriously as other years and are willing to try things they wouldn't try before. Many are seeing the benefit of adding a few hits to the BA and are likely to continue that practice in subsequent years. Maybe this will be the beginning of the end to overshifting. 

I hope you are right. Sometimes I think shifting is outsmarting yourself. Sure you may want to shade a player or some players may be strictly pull hitters but for the most part you are better off being neutral. After all for shifts to be successful pitchers need to make their pitches too.

shedman

Post by shedman »

The Keystone cops continue.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Williams putting in an early bid for GOG. He's probably hoping Neverauskas gets into the game later to steal it from him.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Polanco's hit skyrockets him up to .153. Trade him while he's hot!!!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Crick is in. What's the over/under on walks?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1B363B2A2D3C2B6B68590 wrote: Crick is in. What's the over/under on walks?

Crick throwing less than 92. that isn't normal for him (well it might be for this year).

IMO, he is 50-50 for coming back next year.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Crick has no business being in MLB. No control. This has been his consistent problem in the minors and majors every year except 2018. Walked 2 and tried desperately to walk Franco who wasn't having any of it and swung at everything no matter how far away. So 2018 was an outlier and not something we're likely to ever see again.

A valiant effort by Crick to steal GOG from Williams. But maybe too little too late. But it's always fun for the fans to see runs walked in. :(