Adam Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Adam Frazier

Post by JollyRoger »

Can Adam Frazier become the first Pirate to win a batting title since Freddy Sanchez? Unfortunately he most likely will be traded by the trading deadline and will be wearing a different uniform if he does.

Is he a sure goner or would the Pirates actually keep him to at least have a good veteran player when all the Minor League prospects start arriving?
WiffleballHero

Adam Frazier

Post by WiffleballHero »

The obvious answer is that it completely depends on what Cherington can get for him of course. But it does present a bit of a conundrum in that he likely won't be hitting like this by the time the Pirates are trying to make the playoffs again ('23?) but who knows? I've always thought Frazier would do well if they'd just give him a position to play instead of playing him anywhere and everywhere.

Stallings is another player who should cause some consideration to stick around for a longer term, especially since the organization isn't brimming with catching talent. They do have more options in the middle infield, though, so if anything, Frazier may be more "expendable" than Stallings.

If Frazier does win the batting title and Cherington does eventually trade him, hopefully he gets a better player back than Tim Alderson.
rucker59@gmail.com

Adam Frazier

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I've got a game jersey from Frazier - he's a keeper.

I also don't think a trade will return enough value compared to keeping him.
JollyRoger

Adam Frazier

Post by JollyRoger »

Frazier is now a starter in the All Star game.

He continues to contend for the batting title.

I know that he most likely will be traded even though he is young enough to still be a key player if the Pirates contend in 3 years.

What do you think he would bring back in return?

I’m thinking a similar return that the Bucs received for Marte.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Adam Frazier

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Nick Gonzales was BC’s first draft pick and is going to be given every opportunity to be the 2Bman in the very near future. I can’t imagine Frazier being here beyond this month or the start of next season at the latest.
shedman

Adam Frazier

Post by shedman »

Frazier = Dumpity Dump Dump
2drfischer@gmail.c

Adam Frazier

6F747978717D721C0 wrote: Frazier = Dumpity Dump Dump

I want to keep him. The organization, as we’ve seen, is short of outfield talent. I’d be okay with moving him to one of the corners. Heck, he’s probably the second best outfielder on the team.
shedman

Adam Frazier

Post by shedman »

That does it. We need to trade Gamel and Nogowski for some suspects.
Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

2F343938313D325C0 wrote: That does it.  We need to trade Gamel and Nogowski for some suspects.
Gamel is earning a shot with a real team. He'll be gone by the TDL.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Adam Frazier

I'd never seen Nogowski before last night. He looks like he could report to St. Vincent's later this month and try out for the nose guard position.